Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:07:46 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

bus convertion video #18

Started by mike802, August 20, 2012, 06:47:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mojo

Your coming right along on that Bus Mike. What a whole lot of work.

I am curious, what is the overall max weight of your Bus and what will be the cargo carrying weight when your done ?

My coach weighs 30,000 lbs empty. When the tanks ( fuel and water ) are filled, it is loaded with groceries, our belongings, etc then it weighs approximately 32,000. But it has a CCC cargo carrying capacity of almost 5,000 lbs so I still am under.

Chris

mike802

Hi Chris: Hope you are doing well!  Hows the weather down there?  It's getting colder up here, been in the 40s the last couple of weeks.  I have been busy doing the trade show thing for the last three weeks, so no bus time for me.  I did get the tile floor laid before I had to stop working on it to do the shows. That was a relief because we are going to start getting close to freezing in the evenings soon.

The bus weights in at 27,500 lbs empty with a gross vehicle weight rating  of 38,000.  Exactly what I am going to weigh when the conversion is complete is a good question,  I really wont know until I am finished and can put her on a scale.  I am being weight continuous though, thats one of the reasons I went with pine over oak for much of the woodwork.  I only plan on tiling the bathroom, 30 square feet and will stay away from granite counter tops. All in all, yea weight adds up quick, I am a member of a bus conversion forum and take many ques from those who have gone before, if I continue to build within the parameters listed above I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Famous last words, I hope not. LOL

I am sure you know, some guys love to build with marble floors and counter tops, lots of heavy MDF, everything oak and so on.  That's not really my kind of style anyway, but they still manage to come in under weight, so they say.  Keeping things as light as possible and still building with quality materials is my goal, at between 6 to 8 miles to the gallon, light is got to be good!  Once we get the bathroom usable and some seating for everyone we plan on using it, at least locally, I would really like to park it on our site by the lake next to my fathers next summer.  I really need to start running this thing, shes been sitting for two years now and I dont want things rusting up and drying out.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com