Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:41:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

banquette cushions

Started by cleanqueen, September 04, 2012, 05:51:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cleanqueen

My husband, the woodworker, is finishing our basement.  He recently put in a full bath and ran some of the plumbing on the outside of the wall.  There is one of the poles near there too.  In order to hide the plumbing, he will build a half oval shaped banquette incorporating the pole.  The back will be slightly high and upholstered.  I plan on upholstering the back seat like a padded headboard.  For the seat because of people scooting in and out, how do you suggest I make the seat cushions somehow attaching them to the banquette?  I've been looking at a lot of photos on Houzz and they look like they just plopped a cushion on the seat which I don't think is very practical. 

lruthb

If your talking about loose cushions, I use elastic straps with the hook end attached to the elastic coming out of the seam or center of the boxing. The closed end ( to hook to ) is permanatly attached to the wood on the back. You can flip the cushions. I have used this on furniture with slippery fabric works good.