Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:07:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

First full boat cover done

Started by JDUpholstery, September 08, 2012, 01:42:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDUpholstery

Finished my first full pontoon cover and got it installed today....I was pretty happy with the fit, but more importantly, the customer was happy with it

it links to album so you can see other angles as well...let me know what ya think of my rookie job!

Mike

Looks good and the  ustomer was happy   That the most important thing. What fabric was that looks like a coated popester
Like odesy3  or surlast. 
Did younpattern the. Over in the water min e woking are with fhe e.shaped dock. Did younuse the fabric to pattern or plastic ect.  ?

JDUpholstery

September 08, 2012, 04:31:22 pm #2 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:34:37 pm by JDUpholstery
it was Sunbrella Plus fabric, I used the old cover to pattern, measured old one and the "tricky" spots I cut the old cover and used it to pattern...basically just copy and paste...err sew....

Eric

looks decent. In the future don't use sunbrella, use aqualon, harborside, topgun. On vent ports, no need to bind edge of hole, use reinforcing patch thou. Also snapping it down would probably work better than snaps, and quicker.

Mike

Most people want sunbrella even if i used s non ravling fabric id stil bind the edges for astetics