Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:44:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sewing onto a scrap of fabric

Started by gene, August 18, 2012, 07:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Howdy,

I can't find the thread where sewing onto a scrap of fabric was talked about. So, I'll start a new thread.

I have tried this and it's great. It makes things easier when I am sewing something where I have a lot of starts and stops. It also makes things easier when I am tired.

I can also see where it saves thread which is good when you're using some to the more expensive thread.

Thanks for the original thread.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

It was the "Backup bobbin cases" topic where the runoff pads were brought up.
I kinda like it too, but I keep reverting back to my old evil ways. It's like diet and exercise......hard habit to get into.......easy one to fall out of.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

forsailbyowner

Along the same lines if I have a bunch of small stuff to do I back tack and stick the next piece against it continue sewing. End up with the pieces chained together and simply snip them apart

Mojo

Quote from: sofadoc on August 18, 2012, 09:42:07 am
It was the "Backup bobbin cases" topic where the runoff pads were brought up.
I kinda like it too, but I keep reverting back to my old evil ways. It's like diet and exercise......hard habit to get into.......easy one to fall out of.

Ditto.

Old people like Dennis and I are very hard to train. I tried it, thought it was great but go right back to my old way of doing it. Stubborn old people can be difficult. :)

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on September 08, 2012, 06:53:45 am
Old people like Dennis and I are very hard to train.
Who you callin' old? >:(
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban