Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:05:36 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Topgun

Started by fragged8, August 24, 2012, 05:24:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

hiya

in your opinion is Topgun able to breathe ? I was assuming not but I had a customer
tell me he read on the net it is able to ???

Rich

Mike

It says it doese and weathermax wich iis simmilar also but i wouldnt  think so.
And eouldnt count nt on it   

JuneC

IMHO, Topgun absolutely does not breath.   Mildew waiting to happen. I've used it for bimini tops, but would not use it for an enclosed cover. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

I believe June is right. Non breathable.

Chris

fragged8

i suspect the wording of whatever he read is ' creative'

thanks guys n gals

scarab29

I can't see how being poly coated on both sides like it is. Definatly vent. Strong stuff for sure though. Had some extra and made covers for my grille , a/c unit , and fire pit. Don't think they ever got wet in 5 years
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

fragged8

I had another guy ask me today what to use to clean mold
from Topgun  ?

Anyone .

Eric

needles eye

Hey Eric good buddy nice advice and even nicer website, and, have added it to my favourites ..

Life without literature is death.

Mike

I jooked st a card. It said mildew resistant but nothing  a kut breathabulity

Peppy

Ya, it will not breath but it will mold. We use the boat vent dealies on topgun covers. As per cleaning is was going to suggest diluted bleach but Eric beat me to it.

In that link though-
QuoteThe pigmentation in TOP GUN™ fabric will not migrate onto upholstery vinyls. If some surface rub-off should occur it can easily be removed with vinyl cleaner of mineral spirits. In areas where vigorous movement of the fabric against a hard surface will occur during use, use of a buffer strip is recommended.

I have had colour bleed through into vinyl before. Green and red especially. And if I'm supposed to put reinforcement on a topgun cover why wouldn't I just use (breathable) sunbrella? The main benefit of topgun IMO is that I don't have to add all kinds of patches to it.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

forsailbyowner

I've had best results cleaning mildew with LAs totally awesome. I've been living with light colored topgun for 7 yrs. Other than that I use bleach and laundry detergent mixed 50/50 put on straight then add water a little at a time while scrubbing, and scrubbing, and scrubbing!