Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:44:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Outdorr Patio Furniture.

Started by Faster_K_Yote, August 07, 2012, 01:32:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Faster_K_Yote

Greetings all
I have a customer that likes to keep the cushions on there outdoor patio furniture.  As it is right now they remove the cushions after every use and store them inside.  I'm looking for a material that is water proof.  Something that they can leave the cushions on without them getting wet and UV protected.  And any suggestions on waterproofing the seams would be a help.
Thanks
Brad
Sailing - Like being stuck in a broken down bus in the desert.

Mike

I e used sunbrella and outdura furniture fabric. It's going to get wet. It will dry out though

Judy_Boat

For cushions that do well even if they wet.

i use sunbrella or any other marine grade fabric that is okay to sit for the top and sides.  Dacron wrapped patio finer for the cushion. Then mesh, say phifertex, for the base.  Water does not stay in the cushion. 
When cushions are not in use, fold the seat cushion up against the back cushion. This tends to keep the junk off the seat. Just fold down when ready to sit.