Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 09:29:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What has. CHanged for you workwise Over time

Started by Mike, August 19, 2012, 12:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 19, 2012, 12:36:53 pm Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:26:07 pm by MikeM8560
I was just thinking today how it used to be for me up north On a lake I made my
Main money doing snap on cockpit covers and camper sck ecclosures on 24 and up cabin cruisers. Now I only see a snap
On cover on occation mostly when I had  dealers selling snowbirds a little boat  or a  deckboat mostly deckboats but most are full strap on mooring covers on center insole and. Efore when I did slot of camper tops I had  odds of wash size zipper on the wall now I only order what I need as most sippers are for zippered pockets on new tips and for boots I did do a lot of big enclosure with zippers here but with the boats sale down and dealors not selling them I don't see so many mayby one a year although I'm doing a 37 searay now and got a line on a 32 and maybe a hunter sailboat.
Just wonderi v what youve seen change  not just boats either.

Peppy

For us it used to be all 16' fishing boats. Little convertible tops or travel covers. We'd get the odd 20'+ camper but mostly it was little boats. Now the boats are all huge. A 20' boat is small, everything is 30' and up. More 40' boats every year. All of them coming up from the states. It Also used to be mostly aluminum and plastic fittings, now it's mostly stainless.

One nice change is less and less denim backed vinyl tops!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠