Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:43:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Has anyone had experience with Sta-Put S120

Started by Jan D, August 03, 2012, 07:20:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan D

I'm looking to purchase 5 gallons of high level VOC adhesive for headliners, door panels and seat upholstery, so it needs to be a high heat adhesive, I was contacted by an adhesive distributor today that offered me 5 gallons of  Sta-Put S120 clear adhesive for $177.00.    I'd like to ask if anyone on the Upholstery forum has used this glue, or knows anything about it, the distributor said it's non flamable, but very strong for upholstery applications.
I haven't been able to find any information on-line about this glue, any input on this glue, and it's price would be greatly appreciated.

JuneC

Never heard of it, but ask in the General Discussion section.  I'd get this...  Looks like half the price of what you're investigating.

http://www.perfectfit.com/24783/148343/Upholstery-Adhesives/Dap-All-Purpose-Adhesive--Spray-Grade.html

Also available from  yourautotrim.com and many other suppliers. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Jan D

Thank you for your reply, I will call on Monday to see if the supplier will ship the Dap Weldwood adhesive to our shop in NJ, the new regulations are the only problem I have in getting the glue I need.  :o

chrisberry12

sta- put is a contact cement used in laminate shops. I used it years back for swiss watch displays. Excellent for high heat environments. You could use Landu adhesive from Burch fabrics and supply.