Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:13:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Restaurant Booths-Taking the Plunge/ need advice

Started by kpohorylo, July 09, 2012, 12:08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Your skills at building the sewing machine table certainly indicate that you'll have no trouble building some quality restaurant booths. Good luck!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Ted_IL

K

Really nice sewing table.  Well thought out, built and very functional.
"I am not a smart man, but I know waht love is"

kpohorylo

Quote from: sofadoc on July 09, 2012, 05:28:00 pm
Paul's homemade spring stretcher will certainly work fine. But since you asked about specialty tools:

Again though, not a "must have". But it's only around 30 bucks.

Here's my homemade one:

So helpful sofadoc. Going to try and make one, will send some pics..

jojo

Very nice sewing table...where did you get the base?

kpohorylo

Quote from: jojo on July 14, 2012, 01:28:44 pm
Very nice sewing table...where did you get the base?

Thanks Jojo... Actually, I made the base out of 11 gauge steel, fully welded, so there is no sag at all. Also, I added some dense carpet padding between the top and the steel to absorb sound and vibration, and what a difference that made! I used automotive paint with a sprayer for a smooth glossy finish.

I bought a welder about 2 years ago, and I can't tell you how many times I have used it, for both business and personal. A good investment..

Lynn

Just a question, why are you putting springs in?  most restaurant seating is just good quality high density foam (usually about 4'').
Build a base - usually about 14'' high.(for a total finished height of about 18'') divide your banquette size into say four foot sections, this way when a piece gets damaged you only have to replace part of it.upholster each section and block it it place. We usually make seats 18 - 20''
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/2eagles/010.jpg

sorry I can't remember how to post pics but if you can get on this photobucket link there are a couple of pics of a small restaurant we built last year.

Lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!