Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:40:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anybody know anything about Singer 3771 D43 walking needle machine?

Started by AvaBird, July 08, 2012, 07:10:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

There is an outfit in Stoughton, MA (I think) called Reliable Sewing Machine.  They used to be in Boston.  And there is another guy, Sam Sloan (Sloan Machinery) in Amesbury, MA. (kinda far for you).  But if you call a marine canvas/awning shop (and there are plenty of them in RI) you ought to be able to find a dealer nearby. 

A dealer has connections throughout the industry and will be able to help you find the machine that will best suit your need.

AvaBird

Small world, bobbin. My sister lives in Amesbury and I'm going up there this week. I'll look him up.

Thanks again.

Teresa

Mojo

Yes Bob ships. He shipped me my new Chandler from Ohio to Florida. He sets up the machine in his shop and makes adjustments and fine tunes it then breaks it down, crates it and ships it. So when you get the machine your up and running.

This is the big difference between buying from a reputable dealer and buying from an E-Bay seller. They drop ship everything on E-Bay and never see the machine. You get them and then they need to be adjusted and setup and they are of no help to you after the sale. Been there and done that with my first machine and never again.

Chris

AvaBird

Thanks Chris. I don't intend to buy a machine from Ebay. I can't afford to take a chance like that.

I just posted regarding 2 used Juki models. Sounds like I should contact Bob first.

Teresa