Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:22:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Coolaroo outdoor shading mesh..

Started by lc, July 03, 2012, 05:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lc

Hi everyone

I haven't been on in a bit ., things are busy ...good thing !!

I have a customer looking for a product called Coolaroo., now keep in mind we're in Canada and when she found it in the states it was going to be very costly to get here. Its a mesh for outdoor use to filter the sun.
I can't seem to find a supplier here that carries it.
Its a nice big job for me covering two large deck areas.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere here or if there is another brand that's similar
., geesh you guys carry all the good stuff over there ..lol

Thanks
Elsie

zanepurcell

Coolaroo is a product that is sold as a finished product. It is essentially sunshade. You need to ask your jobber for a "sun shade" - that is all coolaroo is, but its available in standard cut sizes or canopies at major retailers and you affix it yourself. I cant see how you could order it online, pay retail and then shipping and then recut it to fit your project and make any money.  Google Sun Shade.

Zane

http://www.coolaroousa.com/view-product.do?product_id=799870435998.

Mike

There are many product for shade mesh. Phifertex. Textaline. VCM and many other vinyl coated  meshs perhap J Ennis in Ca. Could belp you in sure.

Grebo

Quote from: MikeM8560 on July 03, 2012, 08:57:42 pm
There are many product for shade mesh. Phifertex. Textaline. VCM and many other vinyl coated  meshs perhap J Ennis in Ca. Could belp you in sure.

Soltis as well.

Suzi

lc

Thanks

I'll check into those names, and check J Ennis

Mojo

Elsie:

I use Textilene exclusively. It is heavy and will last forever. Awesome product. You can get it
in 80 % or 90 % UV blocking strengths. I use 90 % exclusively on my solar screens for coaches and bind the edges with acrylic binding.

I source mine directly from Arizona and it is drop shipped from Twitchells manufacturing plant.
No one has ever been able to touch the price I pay for it which is $ 325 for a 60 " 100 ft roll. That price includes shipping. These rolls weigh a ton so shipping has got to be very expensive for them.

Chris

Bob T

July 04, 2012, 06:43:53 am #6 Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:50:10 pm by Bob T
I've used Coolaroo on a number of projects and generally like the stuff.  I purchased it here: http://www.arizonasunsupply.com/Shade-Sail-and-Structure-Fabric/

It is made in Australia and also sold under the trade name Synthesis 95. If my memory serves me, it is available by the yard for roll goods and the rolls are something like 7'-10" wide.  The 95 mentioned earlier is the shade factor.  Some of the projects I've used it on have been in use for 6-7years in the south Texas sun and still looks new.

Arizona Sun Supply also sells some of the products mentioned by others above.

Here's a receiver hitch shade device I invented where Coolaroo was the shade cloth:

Mojo

Bob:

That is my supplier for Textilene.

They drop ship right from the factory ( Twitchell ). Have never had a problem with them.

Chris