Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:18:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Replacement for Capitol Punishment

Started by BigJohn, June 27, 2012, 07:59:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

My wife and I are selling our home and moving on and after packing and moving for 3 weeks, I think Capitol punishment should be replaced and the sentence should be changed to "Moving"!!!!!!

Mojo

My next move is ti the cemetery. I HATE moving.

Best of luck with the move and new chapter in life John.

Chris

Mike

June 28, 2012, 02:14:14 pm #2 Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:29:37 pm by MikeM8560
Im with you chris. No more moves for me ive moved 5 times in my adult life and this is it.
So were are you planted John? Its got to be nice to have it over.

gene

It wouldn't work John. This liberal sot Supreme Court that we have would deem it cruel and unusual punishment.

Each time I have moved it has been a very depressing experience. ALL THE CRAP!!!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SHHR

And don't forget they'd impose a moving fine, 'er tax on you then too Gene.
Kyle

timtheboatguy

Not to mention the ACLU and a bunch of Hippy protestors!
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

BigJohn

Mike,
     We are selling our home in Wausau, WI. (Central WI.) and moving to our cabin on Pelican Lake, WI. (Up North) for the summer, and we are going to start looking for a small cottage type home in AZ.! We plan on being snow birds.
                                                John

gene

"Shut your face, hippie."

"Did you say "hippie"?"

"Haven't been hippies around here for centuries."

"You been freeze-dried or doing hard time?"

Clint Eastwood and Mario Van Peebles in the movie Heartbreak Ridge. (insert a smiley face wearing an army helmet here.)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

The hippies are still around, you just have to know where to look for them.

Every year here in the middle of RED NECK country, Suwanee County, The Spirit Of The Suwanee Music Park holds the Wanee Fest. Always featuring the Almond Brothers. Also known as the Hippie Fest.

And of course I, A wanna be hippie from the 70's have a ball.

The last year I attended I enjoyed Dr John, The Doobie brothers, and Johnny Winter among others.

Of course the pungent smell of herbs were abundant along with hairy female legs and and frequent bathing in the Suwanee river.

As far as frequent moving. Always keep your options open and keep looking for that next opportunity. I lived in 4 different cities when I was a child and 5 as an adult. Each move was an exhilarating experience. And I ain"t done yet. At 54 years old I'm still looking forward to the next move.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

When I was younger and the kids were attending private school and into every activity possible I used to buy homes that needed work, fix them and then flip them. I did this for the extra money and to keep getting nicer and bigger homes. The problem was that I could only afford to do this if we lived in the homes......lol. We moved a lot back then. Sometimes twice in a year.

We did this till I was 40 and my career took off along with serious time and travel demands. Built a nice home in the country and settled down and then gave it to my Ex wife during the divorce. Have since owned 4 homes and still own two and one of those I hope will be sold in a year or so. I also own two properties - 5 acres in VA just off the Blue Ridge parkway ( which is up for sale ) and one cemetery plot. That last piece of land will be my final move.

Chris

Mike

Speaking about a plot. I grew up till 20 in cslifornia then moved to massachesuttes till 18 moved to. Ew hampshire  and now here. I do t have much desire to be burried anywhere andike my dad told me he rather be. Reamated and ashes sent to sea. As i honored.  A
Im thinking the same way. I dont have anyolace id want to be