Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 07:19:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

TS Debby

Started by Mike, June 24, 2012, 01:22:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Well i patterned a job thusdaybbefore rhe rain. And triday and saturday were wet  anf raided lgod this motning and not its not raining but windy  I sewed the job friday and saturday was hoping to install today but tyat was out Maybe romorow. The wind from debbt had been  lowing in the water to the harbor and it just comming over my dock and not high tide till 6:40 like 2hr 20 mins.

Mojo

Getting hammered and am PO'ed at the moment. My shop is flooded and I am officially shut down for several days till I can get things sorted and cleaned up. No machine damage but possibly some fabric damage. I now have an indoor pool. :)

It is raining so hard that the pool is overflowing onto the ground. The pool overflow is laughing because it cannot keep up. I have limbs down and we have been under tornado warnings most of the evening. We are under tornado watches till late tonight.

We have 16 ft waves coming onto shores right around the Tampa area and North. I have seen pictures and the beaches are washed out. Flooding is starting to get bad and going to get real bad soon. It has rained here at the house over 6 inches just today. Tampa set an all time record for rainfall in one day. My yard is so saturated that there is no where the water can go.

I am out of here for a while as I have one very messed up shop. Still sucking gallons of water off the floor trying to keep up with the storm. I have sucked up 50 gallons so far and still a long ways to go. More coming over the next few days. They just got done saying it isn't over and the fat lady has not sung.

They are saying if the front end of Debbie starts wrapping around the back end into a convection then we are going to get beat badly. The big problem ??? Debbie is moving VERY slow which puts the storm over our heads much longer then a hurricane.

It is horrible here and I have numerous orders to kick out. terrible timing. Gotta run and get to work.

Paul, How are you doing ? Your just a few miles from me. You ok ?

L8tr G8tr's,

Chris

Mike

June 24, 2012, 03:17:53 pm #2 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:34:55 pm by MikeM8560
Been there  hris my last shop
Used tO flood kut every time we had a good rain. And id be drying out.  
The rain wuit it but the wind has been string snd the tide was  a out 1 1/2' to 2' above normal high tide ith storm surge.  Here a. Id of my dock its a out a foot  below my seawall and normaly a foot above hight tide.  I had to turn on the breaker to the lift

Chris are you in a low lyeing area? I hope it not as bad as you think any wet drywall?

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/3817a6ff.mp4

kodydog

Remember how dry our spring was. We've had 3" Fri., 3" Sat., and its been raining all day today. Lots of puddles but the good thing is last week they fixed our roads.

For North Fl the worst is yet to come, its a huge storm. Covers all of Florida and the Bahamas.

Word of advice, never buy property on a dirt road.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Thankfully I am not in a low lying area Mike. We got 12 inches of rain today and they say more is on the way for the next day or two.

I got everything off the floor of the shop, the water vac'ed up and have the floor drying now and fans going. It is now drizzling but more heavy rain is out on the coast coming our way. I wont be sewing for a couple days probably. I lost power to one side of my shop and need to trouble shoot that. I need that power in order to do my work. No idea whats causing that issue.

I gave up on the pool. I will deal with that once the rain quits later this week. It is supposed to dry out on Wednesday. I sure hope so.

Chris

MinUph

June 24, 2012, 06:32:26 pm #5 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:37:44 pm by MinUph
We got a flooded garage too, and Lanai. About 2" in there. I had most things of value off the floor so it's just a mess to cleanup. Fabrics are high and dry. Well 6" off the floor. Hopefully it will be enough :)
 It's starting again to rain pretty good. Not as heavy but close. Luckily we had a lull which allowed it to soak in. We had a good 4" all around out house. When it rains like this the west side of our property is like a river. Runs pretty good. I don't know why I didn't figure this when we bought. But we are here and not going anyplace soon.
 My cousin went to the gulf and said it was flat. No waves. At least the winds are calm. We are in for some real rain in the next 3 days.
  Better check on the boat tomorrow after work.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

June 25, 2012, 05:13:27 am #6 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:25:19 am by MikeM8560
Sitting here this morning its started raining again so im playing it.  if i try to  instsll part of it. My dock in underwater again with stormsurge to evenif i can install the customer said his boat is hight on the lift  dock just out of the water but id need aladder to get on.
If inwas closer i could belp you with  the mess guys  looks like on the weather channel you got a heck of alot more rain up north

Mike

June 25, 2012, 05:27:03 am #7 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:04:58 am by MikeM8560
Well i was sitting on the front screen porch when it startded pouring agsin and the. Loeing rsin was getting me wet  so im not planning.nothing
Ps this is what im dealing with now heavy bands
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/IMG_0648.mp4

JuneC

Wow, I feel for you guys over there on the west coast.  I just watched a Weather Channel storm update and they're predicting an additional 25 inches of rain for some areas  :o  Debby is predicted to just sit where she is for the next several days and dump water.  Good luck to you all.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

kodydog

June 27, 2012, 06:12:04 am #9 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:17:15 am by kodydog
The eye of the storm traveled over Suwannee county about 5 PM yesterday afternoon. One hour later the rain stopped. Woke this morning to 61*, calm and bright and sunny.

Live Oak, the county seat, is flooded. My neighbors pond is over flowing and covering half his pasture. His barn has water in it. Our house and shop are high and dry but some neighbors weren't so lucky. We haven't left our property for two days because of huge puddles on the dirt roads and from what I hear the paved roads aren't much better. Over 25" of rain.

Monday night I walked to a neighbors house and met my wife there. We left her car there and walked home. We didn't want to chance that one last puddle between our houses.

I will try to get out this afternoon.

Mike

June 27, 2012, 01:55:35 pm #10 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:23:25 pm by MikeM8560
Nice sunny day here finnished my install and the tides  back down 3' below my dock again

Typo edited ;)

gene

A news reporter caught up with this guy and the guy said something about having to get back to the shop to finish some sewing. The reporter never got his name.

http://www.wimp.com/surferflies/

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: MikeM8560 on June 27, 2012, 01:55:35 pm
Nice sunny day here finnished my install andnthe todes back down 3' below my cock again
Please tell me that's a typo. :o
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Sofa, in Florida we use body appendages to measure the tide.

gene

June 28, 2012, 04:37:31 am #14 Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:38:31 am by gene
What's going on with Florida? It's going to be 104 degrees today here in SW Ohio, and only 87 degrees on Sanibel Island. I wish I was on Sanibel!!!

Hey Kodydog, nice to know about how you measure the tide. When we go to Sanibel Island I always get a tide chart. I'm the one who gets up at 2 or 3 in the morning to go shelling at low tide. If I should 'happen' to forget my bathing trunks, (hey, it's dark out there on the beach and no one else is around), and the cops should catch me, I'll just tell them that I'm measuring the tide. (insert a sunburned smiley face here).

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!