Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:17:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Way off topic, but I just have to share

Started by BigJohn, May 20, 2012, 06:10:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

May 20, 2012, 06:10:07 pm Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:20:05 pm by BigJohn
The Neighbor lady at the cottage gave us this recipe and it's great, give it a try:

Texas Caviar
1 can Mexi Corn
1 can Shoe peg corn
1 can ea: Pinto & black beans, black-eyed peas, rinsed & drained
1 cup each: chopped celery, onion, & peppers (small pieces the size of the corn, peas and beans)

Sauce:    ¾ cup sugar
      ½ cup vinegar
      ¼ cup oil
      Bring to a boil & cool
      Pour over vegetables and chill for 3 hours
Serve with Scoops style chips

kodydog

Thanks BigJohn. Always looking for easy recipes for camping. This looks like you could make ahead a couple of days.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

BigJohn

You bet it's better two days in, but although it makes a large amount once you begin scooping it up with those chips you wont stop!

gene

I printed it out and will give it to my wife to see if she will make it. She probably wont'. She'll say that she doesn't like it even though she has never tried it. My kids picked this up from her - it drives me nuts. Why would you cut yourself off from experiencing something new? Try it and then you will know for sure whether or not you like it.  >:(

Isn't it interesting how some things taste best one or two days after they are made? My wife's chili is that way. The older and dryer it gets the better it is. And meat loaf. Oh my goodness. Two day old meat load where the bottom was burned when made - yum!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

BigJohn

Gene:
     I have a cheese cake recipe that calls for 5 packages of cream cheese, and it tastes best 48 to 72 hours after its made because it develops a texture.

Mike

My dad used to make spagetti me  i have my sauce seperste a d lut on after my slagetti. But his he mixed the sauce in with  the pasta and it was alway better the next day.