Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:17:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

5 Ways to Make Your Upholstery Shop Convenient

Started by TheHogRing, May 10, 2012, 10:46:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Customers base their purchase decisions on three primary factors: price, quality and convenience. While most upholstery shops already compete on price and quality, convenience is a factor that's all-too-often overlooked.

Cunning business owners know that the easier you are to purchase from, the more money you'll make. Here are five easy ways your upholstery shop can make itself more convenient: http://tinyurl.com/ckf9j7k

sofadoc

May 10, 2012, 12:46:56 pm #1 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:34:43 pm by sofadoc
Way #5 (e-mail estimates) has been working well for me.
This sign is in my window:

I don't necessarily know if it's making things any more convenient for the customer, but it sure saves ME from running all over town. 2-3 times a day, when I'm taking a break, I'll sit at my desk and send out a few estimate replies. It sure weeds out the "tire kickers". But few of them actually use the upload option on my website. They either send me a pic via cell phone, or they e-mail one. Nearly half bring their camera into my shop and show it to me that way.
And a few still go to Wal-mart and get the pictures developed before bringing one to me.

BTW, a shameless plug for  www.signsonthecheap.com    Great service, quality, and price (don't blame THEM for the cheesy designs, that was ME :D):
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban