Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:32:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The use of imported THREAD

Started by MATTHEW, May 07, 2012, 12:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTHEW

Quote from: DBR1957 on May 07, 2012, 03:58:19 pm
Are you shipping a product to the US or out of the US?

Fill us in a little more why you're concerned with this.

If you've made a product and it's not leaving the US does this even apply?

Yes it does

MATTHEW

Quote from: kodydog on May 07, 2012, 05:37:14 pm
It would be nice to be able to tell your customers that all the supplies you use to make your product is made in the USA. But that is getting harder and harder to do. If you can, it may be a good advertising ploy.

We had to go to EUROPE to make our thread.  We don't want give China any more,we have kids and grand kids.

MATTHEW

Quote from: Mojo on May 08, 2012, 03:39:22 am
I have never heard of Solar Thread before. First I have heard of this brand. I also never knew Solarfix was manufactured in China.

Interesting.
SOLAR THREAD DOES NOT COST MORE  pathread@netcarrier.com

Chris

MATTHEW

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on May 08, 2012, 06:10:11 am
With some of the new laws and rules that were employed, anything comming in via ocean freight must be accuratly stated on he waybill as to the county of manufacture.  I forget the details, but this was done as part of the homeland security measures in place years ago.  Again, I'm not specifially clear on the details.

Gregg go to" US CUSTOMS REGULATIONS for importing textiles.

MATTHEW

Quote from: Mojo on May 08, 2012, 08:15:44 am
Matthew. After doing some checking with Miami Mike he has indicated none of his customers have had a failure with Solarfix. He is selling 15 lbs a week including the harsh climate of Florida. I have been using Solarfix and have never had a failure ever.

I believe ( correct me if I am wrong ) that your a vendor for Solarthread. If so then I find it in poor taste that a competing  vendor would come on here and bash another's product line. If you look at our vendors on this forum - Bob Kovar, Greg, Andrew, Miami Mike, never have I read them bashing each other or the product lines they carry. They play nice with each other on this forum.

Sorry but I found your post in poor taste as did others who are directly tied to Solarfix ( MiamiMike and Michael ). I can say that both companies have gone way beyond the mark in supporting me with my own product line and I find them extremely professional, honest and hardworking for their customers.

Chris  I quoted the law. i did not bash anyone. I made it clear to the person that said SolarFIX was made in Canada. Did bash the quality of SolarFIX? You can buy what you want.

MATTHEW

I did not bash Mike or anyone.
HOME LAND SECURITY requires that any thread imported must be labeled
from the importer to the final consumer.
Go to US customs Regulations for importing textiles.

This is info you should know,if you don't want to know so be it.

does't CHINA have enough of the US I have kids and grand kids what will be left for them

scottymc

Quote from: MATTHEW on May 09, 2012, 01:20:44 pm
Quote from: kodydog on May 07, 2012, 05:37:14 pm
It would be nice to be able to tell your customers that all the supplies you use to make your product is made in the USA. But that is getting harder and harder to do. If you can, it may be a good advertising ploy.

We had to go to EUROPE to make our thread.  We don't want give China any more,we have kids and grand kids.

Sooo.... What is the difference between buying from China or Europe, if it wasn't made in America then what does it matter what country it is made in, whether t be Switzerland, Bulgaria, Indonesia or Australia. If your getting your product overseas, then jobs are leaving your country. The quality of product from the eastern block European countries is no better than China, my guess is that your real choice for getting your thread produced there was your profit margins.
What difference will it make to your grand kids? Giving it to Europe instead of China, that's  illogical, you have taken production out of your kids country so it doesn't matter where it goes they won't benefit, they will from your profit margin though wont they. 

Miami Mike

I will not say anything about the solarfix, but on the china thing, not everything from China is bad. Where is the IPhone and IPad made?  And the batteries come from Taiwan . So please think before you speak out.

And I put some thought into this first.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend.

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna