Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:25:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Guess why Rolls-Royce uses bull hides, not cow hides, for leather seats?

Started by TheHogRing, May 04, 2012, 09:31:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

And why do they only use hides from bulls raised in cold, mountainous climates?

Check out the answers and other cool facts about what makes Rolls-Royce interiors so special: http://tinyurl.com/4of34vr

gene

The dimples in cow skin caused by cellulite?

gene

PS: I don't do cars but I do appreciate reading some of your articles. Thanks for the posts.
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

TheHogRing

Haha - actually, gene, you're right on the money. They use bulls to avoid the stretch marks that cows get when they're pregnant. And they raise their bulls in the cold, where mosquitos don't live - so that their hides stay blemish free.

Give it a few years - soon their cows will be wearing lotion and chap stick!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Mike

scarab29

Maybe a new market for my wife the Mary Kay rep.  Wrinkle creme for your cow !! :P
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

gene

Mr. Scarab29,

Your wife may want to clarify that this product is for bovines, and she is not insulting anyone's wife.  :o

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

scarab29

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.