Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 11:46:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

need new stapler

Started by jeepdoc, May 01, 2012, 11:07:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepdoc

any recomendations? I have a bostch right now shooting 3/8 crown staples but this thing has a hair trigger on it just graze the trigger and bam!!!! I shot one in my thumb then last night hit my arm. probably just  the operator but man I hate that. besides that it misfires often ive put new orings in it lubed it just time for a new one

Mike

I have a rainco from miami  shoots 3/8" ss not much over 100 as i recall.

kodydog

May 01, 2012, 05:56:51 pm #2 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:10:33 pm by kodydog
I have two guns that are my favorite. The first is the BeA 71/16-421. Slim, light weight and reliable.

My back-up gun is a Senco SJS model #C06-C10. Also very reliable but a bit bulkier than the BeA.

I also own several older model BeA's that need repair but sometimes it seems less hassle to just buy new.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I never had much luck with sub-$100 staplers. I always preferred the BEA model that Kody mentioned.
But last year, I decided to add a long nose to my arsenal. I bought a Spotnail brand gun off E-bay for $80. I only intended to use it when the situation called for a long nose. But it immediately became my favorite gun. I've been shooting it for several months now. I don't know how long it will last. But so far, I like it.
The Unicatch brand gun looks just like the Spotnail. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

jeepdoc

Thanks guys will look at those

ahkahn

BeA are phenomenal guns.  We have many customers that have BeA's in the 10-15-30 year range and they're working as well as day 1.  We stock most parts for BeA and can get any part for a BeA gun.  They are German-made and German-engineered guns, so the level of precision in manufacturing is the best on the market.

We also sell a sub-$100 gun, EZE, but once again as Sofadoc said, you get what you pay for.

-Andrew

DDandJ

Like Mike I have a Rainco.  I was quite proud of it when I purchased it.  An upholsterer friend scolded me for not getting a DuoFast.  I'd like to try either a DuoFast or a BEA.  My first gun was a $69 job.  Not very powerful at all.  That's when I upgraded to the Rainco.  I know a guy who has used a Rainco for years.  The $69 cheapo would probably be fine for window treatments but not upholstery.

Jeremy

sofadoc

May 02, 2012, 07:29:19 am #7 Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:25:17 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: ahkahn on May 02, 2012, 06:29:00 am
We stock most parts for BeA and can get any part for a BeA gun.
There's a BEA schematic on page 166 of your catalog. Can you get part #25? It's the spring that keeps the magazine clip closed. I've called your place a couple of times. They were going to try to get one for me. But so far, I haven't heard back. They even said they sent one out, but it never arrived. I'm sure that they've tried their best. I thought maybe you might have a secret stash somewhere. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Peppy

I love my senco. I think it's an 'extreme pro' or some such model. I really like the pinky finger magazine release. There's a ten year old gun I just replaced a washer on the plunger and it's just like new. It was a $1.00 part. And $6.00 shipping.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠