Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 12, 2024, 06:31:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Adios Amigos

Started by Mojo, April 29, 2012, 03:41:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

What a week from hell. I had so many orders to finish off this week, shipments to get out and just when things were all set some wind up in Pensacola tore a guys slide topper all to heck. Got a full order out of the deal though. It just came at a bad time when I needed the time to get packed and ready to leave.

The bus is now loaded, stocked with groceries, full of fuel ( ouch ) and I am heading out this morning for a whirlwind month long trip. First stop to pick up an old family friend who is going to staff my booth for me at the big coach rally in Indiana and then on to Goshen for a week long event. Then over to Southbend Airport to pick up our new German Shepherd puppy and then on to Lansing, MI to see my Mom and brother. From there I will be heading to my sons and staying for a week to see the Grandkids. Then off to Ohio, then a quick stop off in Kentucky to see an old friend and then to Bristol, TN.

I need to check our other house to be sure no hillbillies haven't burned it down or are squatting in it. :) From there I will be heading back to Florida, hopefully with a fist full of orders for the summer. I have the first two weeks booked for June but nothing after that. Just a tad worried. :)

I have my vendors booth products all set and loaded and have two days of slide topper/awning inspections to do on various rigs and then two seminars to get through. Thankfully my wife and I knocked out two very nice powerpoint presentations which will make things much easier for me.
Aerospace 303, Solarfix, Sattler and Miami stepped up and supplied me with supplies and handouts for the event and Aerospace provided me with a gross of bags and free samples to handout ( always a hit with people at shows ).

I really stepped up my game for this rally. It is going to be a big one with a whole lot of industry people and honchos there from the RV world looking on. This event is the biggie for Monaco coach owners and because this being my first one alot of eyes will be on me. I hate to even think that my seminar attendees will be evaluating me and turning in their evaluation slips. Bad evaluations and your not invited back again. Talking about pressure. :)

Overall I am looking forward to the trip. I really need to get away from this damn shop. I am burnt out from months of working 6 and 7 days a week and I need a rest. After the event I can kick back and relax and enjoy the family not to mention the chance to enjoy the open road with our own coach. Unfortunately I will be alone as the wife is bogged down at school with upcoming finals for her students, graduation prep's etc.

I will pop in now and then to say hello and catch up on the latest. Please, while I am gone will someone let Dennis, Gene and Kody out of their cages and feed and water them every day ? Give them enough time outside to pour the piss from their boots.  :o

Wishing all of you the very best and hope your May is an awesome one. Take care, stay happy, stay healthy and keep your fingers out of your machines.  ;D

Adios,

Chris

kodydog

Good luck friend. Keep the rubber on the road and keep us posted. German Shepard pup. I am so jealous... Pics please.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

Drive safe and do t dall asleep alone.
So your invited to the rally  do you have to pay for the booth and or rv space?

Mike

Me im going to be prety buy for may i just sogn another job thid morning id like to finnishs slso this month   Well see  bow thst goes.

BigJohn

Good luck Chris, have a great time but remember to rest and stay healthy!

Big John

gene

Happy trails to you
Until we meet again.

Best of luck.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!