Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 12, 2024, 06:27:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sewing Machine

Started by Eaglewis, April 27, 2012, 08:05:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: Eaglewis on April 29, 2012, 05:52:40 am
machine is a 226 rb 1. Hope it's still a good deal.
I sewed on a Juki LU-562 for over 25 years.
The Consew 226 is identical to it. Great machine. Like I said before, $500 is a more than I would pay a total stranger for it. But from a reputable dealer, or in this case, people you trust, good price.
It's a great machine to order parts (such as feet) for. Parts for that machine are identical to a whole host of other brands and models.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

BigJohn

Eaglewis,
     I'm also in Wausau.
                      BigJohn

Eaglewis

I saw that BigJohn. I sent you a message. Did you get it?

Eaglewis

Thanks sofadoc. I'm feeling a lot better about my decision.

DDandJ

Did you get the Consew 206RB-1?  I have one and love it.  Couldn't imagine attempting upholstery without it.

Eaglewis

It's actually a 226rb1. So I'm told. I haven't gotten over to see it yet, but am confident it is going to be amazing!

timtheboatguy

Quote from: Mojo on April 29, 2012, 03:02:57 am
The Thompson I had ( called a Tuffsew under a different brand ) was a royal PITA. I spoent more time fighting it, adjusting it and fixing it then I did sewing with it.

The Consew 206rb is a great machine. Parts are plentiful and the attachments ( welt feet, etc. ) are everywhere and dirt cheap.

Brand new the 206rb5 goes for about $ 1,200 so if it is in good shape then you wont get hurt buying it for $ 500. Many shops rely on the 206 as their workhorse. They are rugged and dependable and a great all around machine able to perform a multitude of tasks.

Stay away from the Thompson unless you love to tinker and work on things. :)

Best of luck with your new adventure.

Chris

Yep, I have one of those crap buckets too. Reminds of me the old Iron Head Sportster I had back in the eighties.  :(
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur