Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:52:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Worst Seats Ever?

Started by jojo, March 30, 2012, 01:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

It seems like I say this every time I get some seats to cover, but these seem like the worst ever. And not just because of the degree of decomposition or the smell, but the sheer ugliness. These come from a 1976 Baja.

You must see them in person to really appreciate the hideousness. Seems like if they're making a fast boat like that, they would've made the seats sleeker. These things weigh a ton, too.

bobbin

OK, I have to ask... were there any insects with "too many legs" living inside the old skins?

I'm no weenie about bugs but the day I opened up a particularly nasty vinyl seat and something with about a hundred legs slithered over my hand I actually let out an audible squeal.  Then I squished him...

Yep, they're pretty fugly.  ;)

Grebo

March 31, 2012, 02:07:01 am #2 Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:08:40 am by Grebo

Jojo, I feel for you.

Worst I had where marinated in Seagulls S*ite & cat pee.
Had to steam em well before I even touched them.

Suzi

DBR1957

Worst seat story?

On college break years ago I worked in an auto shop. They had the contract
to recover the seats in the school busses for the public schools. Forget about
bugs. The junk kids would stuff in the seats was disgusting. Ever seen a 6 month
old brown bag lunch?

jojo

Ok, now I'm thinking these aren't so bad. I can't even imagine the school bus job, and Suzi, I would've turned down that job. Honestly.
Bobbin, I haven't begun to disassemble yet, but if creatures come out, I'll be sure to post photos.