Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 05:36:52 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Roll up dodger window.

Started by Grebo, March 26, 2012, 01:46:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I was wondering how you all do your tye ups for a roll up dodger window, mainly what do you do with the dangly ends  ???
I have been putting the little pockets inside up near the top of the window so you can stuff the tye in out of the way, but I have one guy who doesn't want this as he says it's a PITA.  I am thinking maybe snaps inside somewhere ?

Suzi

Mike

I put and all that I have ever seen is install a snap on the. Canvas so the strap is held up to the side. Usually with two straps on the window  I will space then so the there length and width apart works so they can be snapped to each other and not have to add a stud in the. An as  on a normal
Window the snap would be on the window panel up under then odor flsp of the top from or side

Grebo

Thanks Mike,
I will give that a go on this one.  ;D

Suzi

JuneC

I do the same as Mike.  Never made a pocket.  Sometimes, depending on the width of the window, you need to add additional studs to the canvas to hold the end of the tie but I've never seen it done any other way here in S. Florida - except for those who don't pin them up at all and the ends scratch up the glass.  I've had a few customers who don't like snaps request Lift The Dot fasteners for this application.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

I do that with the straps too. Or put a extra male in the straps so the strap snaps to the strap.
strap, strap, strap

We make our front windows zip out now mostly.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike

Well I found a way to turn iff the stupid spell corection on my i phone that messed up the spelling worse then me so i hope it wont be that bad anymore.
I did a center. Osole
Enclosure crevo s front eindow two sides snd wings  the front had a u zipper with. Smiley. Ut all the sindows had a built in bag that each wondow  ould roll up and. E stored out of the way in.  The owner asked for it so it he got cold or started getting ruff he did have to get wet if he left them at home

jojo

Ah, yes that's much better, Mike.  ;D

Mike

;) still dosent help big thumbs and a little keypad :)