Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 12:22:46 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Meetings

Started by byhammerandhand, February 29, 2012, 03:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty27807

They should just take all the chairs out of the meeting rooms and hold them standing up.

That would make people get right to the point, and get the meeting over.

scottymc

Quote from: Mojo on March 01, 2012, 02:51:18 am
I had a client based in Atlanta who loved meetings. I hated the entire trip. I would have to drive out to the airport, catch a flight from Lansing to Detroit then a connecting flight to Atlanta. Once at Atlanta I would have to go to the rental car place, pick up a car, drive North to Woodstock and spend the night in a hotel. Get up the next day and sit through 2 hours of meetings on a Saturday morning that could have all been handled over the phone during the week, then reverse course. Drive back to Atlanta, drop off the car, take the tram to my gate, board the flight and head to Detroit, get my connector to Lansing and then head home.

I can remember many days that I had up to 15 meetings scheduled in one 8 hour day at my office. All I did was grab files and run from one conference room to another. I hated meetings with a passion. I used to work into the night sometimes because it was the only time I could get any actual work done - after everyone was gone and the office was silent.

Chris

When I read this I was thinking what a great job, boring if you want it to be but interesting if you like. Going on a trip chatting to people on the way and getting paid for it, it's the company's money to waste as they see fit, then I read the last bit about working into the night and I saw your point :)