Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:27:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thanks Peppy! Just caught one in the act.

Started by hdflame, February 28, 2012, 07:18:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

Thanks to Peppy, I deleted a spammer's account while they were actually online in the act of spamming!

Bet they were surprised......unless it was just one of those automatic bots!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

lc

I'm not getting it.... does it have something to do with the odd postings unrelated to upholstery htg what ever the name is...sorry I'm a bit green at this

Peppy

Glad to be of service! Yes LC, those posts are by scammers trying to advertise or something. Never click the links in their posts, click the 'report to moderator' link in the bottom right of the post box

-------->
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

kodydog

February 29, 2012, 04:51:16 am #3 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:57:10 am by kodydog
Quote from: lc on February 28, 2012, 07:23:37 pm

I'm not getting it.... does it have something to do with the odd postings unrelated to upholstery htg what ever the name is...sorry I'm a bit green at this

The poster is a spamer. they surf the net looking for blogs they can fill with their trash. A real PITA. Often their messages make no sense. And the words in blue are something their trying to sell. Sometimes we make fun of them (their an easy target), but usually we just ignore them hoping they will go away. Christmas time it gets really bad. The moderators are pretty good at getting rid of them and banning them from the Upholstery Forum.

If you see one and want to help you can click on "report to moderator", and leave a short message.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

lc

Okay thanks I'll remember that ., I was reading it and thought maybe the person was on some sort of drugs  .

I wasn't too sure what the moderator was ..take it thats the big boss ??

I'm not a real whiz when it comes to computer lingo ., I'll need clarification now and then ...these machines do come in handy though ., well worth learning ...it's like an on going encyclopedia.

Grebo

February 29, 2012, 05:39:18 am #5 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:41:17 am by Grebo
Quote from: lc on February 29, 2012, 05:21:28 am

Okay thanks I'll remember that ., I was reading it and thought maybe the person was on some sort of drugs  .

I wasn't too sure what the moderator was ..take it thats the big boss ??

I'm not a real whiz when it comes to computer lingo ., I'll need clarification now and then ...these machines do come in handy though ., well worth learning ...it's like an on going encyclopedia.

Oh yes  

Got to behave your self or look out

Suzi

lc

Hee hee that was good Suzi I like the animation too...it must be hard to pick up on some spams though ''