Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 11:21:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Brrrrrrrr

Started by Mike, February 12, 2012, 05:55:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I had to install some canvas yesterday morning I'm glad I did today it's freezing
weather says it 39f but mot the thermometeer on my lania
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-9.jpg
I cut aloof a tree down wyrsterday afternoon more today but all my bones ache and I ztubbed my teo to boot

kodydog

Yeah its cold but you sure can't complain about the winter so far. And tomorrow its going to warm right back up. Hate it when I stub my toe. Be careful with that chain saw, those Live Oak's are some big old trees.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

regalman190

I hear you guys. But up we've been getting snow and the temps are in the teens. Yesterday I installed an enclosure on a 31 footer, inside storage and I still froze! In fact I'm still freezing today!

Regal Canvas

bobbin

We've topped out at a bracing 21 degrees today.  The wind is brisk and out of the northwest, which is generally a cold wind in the winter.  The birds have been working the feeder pretty heavily all day long, and the cats have been in and out all day long, with outdoor stints lasting no longer than about 15 minutes.  :)

I lit the woodstove in my shop first thing this morning and it's toasty out there.  It really hastens the drying of the polyurethane on my most recent project. 

Mike

February 12, 2012, 12:56:00 pm #4 Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:00:00 pm by Mike
Well I got  the tree cut down to just the main stump sections Today that I can get from the ground.  Made my neighbor so happy with all the sun for her Gardner Noe she Cooked some food and I ate this red pepper down one bite. Big mistake    Well thebneedle sun felt good and Noe I'm gona take a nap with a full stomach.

Grebo

:o -2'C  in the marina, unheard of.

Suzi

gene

February 13, 2012, 03:57:21 pm #6 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:57:50 pm by gene
Remember when Florida used to be called "The Sunshine State"?

It's going to get to a place where the bridges will be closed every winter to allow for downhill skiing. That will be the new tourist attraction.

"HIPS AREN'T THE ONLY BONES WE BREAK IN FLORIDA ANY MORE. COME TO FLORIDA FOR YOUR NEXT SKIING TRIP, AND, BREAK A LEG!"

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Retarded hot up here in the Great White North, and virtually no snow. When Mike started this thread we had+4 of 5 ºC (39 ish) in the sunshine with no wind. I was totally stoked about going ice fishing , especially since I bought a gas auger this summer. Of course the gas had gone sour and I spend the afternoon trying to clean the carb and get it running. :'(

Minus 2 º  or roughly 30 ºF at 10 this morning.Forecast high of +5.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

February 20, 2012, 02:38:07 pm #8 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:14:16 am by Mike
Especialy with the new gas Darren do you have any stations up there with rec gas  no E10?

BigJohn

Mike:
     Here in Wisconsin Gasoline with no ethanol in it has become readily available in all grades and it's no more expensive than the E10 ($3.44gal.)

Mike

February 21, 2012, 05:16:04 am #10 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:23:26 am by Mike
Here reg e10 is $3.63 and rec gas ( nonethonal) is $4.65 :(
I'm just glad my
New boat only has a 50 gallon tank

baileyuph

Our gas is in the neighborhood of $3.50 with expectation of going to $4 soon and possibly around $5 by end of year.  The bigger vehicles are not in favor as much now.  As to the mix, I really can't say but I do now there is some E10 ??

Last week end there were a few convertibles with tops down, much different here from last year.

Hope we don't pay in the end, old farmers say the ground needs to get cold to kill insects.

Doyle

bobbin

I filled the tank today and the price was $3.60/gallon.  I fill up about every 10 days and believe you me, I make every trip "count", doing as many piddly errands as I'm able along the way. 

Heating oil is the greater concern right now, frankly; at $3.70/gallon (last fill), I've been on the war path about turning down the thermostats when the spaces on the relevant zones aren't in use (have noted that we need to replace the old thermostats with programmable versions).  I've always been pretty good at regulating the woodstoves, too, never falling into the wasteful habit of thinking the stove has to be cranking all day long.  Our stoves are soapstone, catalytic, EPA compliant, and very efficient.  I find that one or two fires/day is more than sufficient to keep the boiler from firing endlessly (unless it's really cold, which it hasn't been this year).  The fact that we burn only seasoned firewood(at least one year split and stacked) and have next season's stock already laid by is a comfort, but we're already working on 2013-4.  Our boiler is nearly ready for replacement and I've raised the question about converting ffrom oil to some other fuel source... best to consider those things well before the crisis is at hand and the decision must be made. 

Mike

I remember one year bobbin my son had just moved in with me (divorced)
And my oil. Urner craped out.  I had my wood stove on 24/7  whole I ripped it out and replaced it with a. We system a d had to run new ducts also  did I say it was the coldest part of winter too. The real pain was the celer was just a crawl space really with the house on the side of a bill not fun working on my back