Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 05:30:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Restaurant vinyl

Started by Rich, January 08, 2012, 03:45:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Does anyone know how I might be able to ID the vinyl used on restaurant booth cushions of national chains? I've got many vinyl sample books, but cannot find the medium brown vinyl used on Red Lobster or the dark brown used on Outback cushions.
Thanks,
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

I do booth seats (blue) for my local Red Lobster. They're done in Spirit Millenium.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

I'm told this is their newest design and it,s a grain texture I've never seen before. It isn't Spirit.
Thanks,
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

kodydog

I don't know about where your at Rich but around here most restaurants are more worried about price than exact match. As long as I can get close at a good price, their happy.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on January 09, 2012, 05:48:49 pm
I don't know about where your at Rich but around here most restaurants are more worried about price than exact match. As long as I can get close at a good price, their happy.
Ditto
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

Rich,

If there are no markings on the furniture or records within the corporation of the builder of the units, then maybe a sample to DLT or Miami Mike to see how close they can get.

The last report I got, there is little or no vinyl made in the US anymore, Andrew and Mike would probably have coverage on the bigger foreign guys in the business.

Kody pretty well described the situation around here, I am told.  I don't do much of that. 

Good luck,

Doyle

Rich

January 10, 2012, 07:59:32 am #6 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:02:25 am by Rich
Thanks for the replies!
The reason I would like to find the same vinyl is that this restaurant recently underwent a complete renovation which included new seating. In anticipation of the inevitable tears that will occur, I don't think they'll be happy with almost. Also, there is a local competitor who does nothing but restaurants and may have a connection I don't in getting an exact match. That puts him at an advantage the way I see it.
One more thing, Outback also did the complete renovation thing and the vinyl used there is quite unique with a raised welt look throughout the vinyl surface.
It just seems to me that if the vinyl was available to the manufacturer, it usually is available to us. Not always, but usually.
Thanks,
Rich

Mojo

My suggestion is the same as Doyles. Contact Miami Mike. he is a vinyl expert and has a firm grasp on what is out there. I am sure he could also send you some sample cards as well.

Your best bet would be to e-mail him this week. He is out of thee office attending trade shows. I believe he is back in the office on Monday. He checks his e-mails all the time though. :)

Chris

Rich

baileyuph

Rich,

Since EPA made it so hard on vinyl production there have been several foreign brands surface that I have never used.  It just might happen that Miami Mike would spot your looking for in one of those brands, and more specifically in a designer series. 

I get by with Naugahyde and one more brand, that slips my mind.  Most vinyl I use is OEM vinyl in auto work.

Mike is probably the man!

Doyle

Steve at Silverstone Fabrics

Rich, I just announced the kick off of our new web site and that we are the newest fabric vendor (Retro Modern Contract Fabrics) here on Ken's message board.

You are exactly the type of shop that I am looking to help. Go to our ad on the Suppliers Page and take a look around.

Send me a sample of the vinyls and  fabrics that you use on an ongoing basis and I will start a company profile for what you use........as I find them, I will give you a call.

Our mailing address is: Retro Modern Contract Fabrics
                                      152 Dean Lane
                                      Zionville, NC 28698

Steve Terry