Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:24:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

OT: what's up for today?

Started by bobbin, December 24, 2011, 07:17:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

Last minute grocery run (red wine and walnuts), one last Christmas item to pick up, now into laundry.  The world's easiest and best cranberry cake's in the oven, and next up is boiling eggs for tomorrow's devilled eggs... .  And I have to do less rappin' and more wrappin'...

YOU?

kodydog

Ha Ha. Good lock with the grocery thing. Yesterday I needed to kill 15 minutes between appointments. Stoped at the Fresh Market (Designer Grocery Store). Walked in, got my complementary cup of coffee and walked right back out. The place was a zoo. Just lazing today, maybe do a little yard work. Tomorrow were off to Tallahassee to visit my sister and family.

Merry Christmas Bobbin.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

laundry, mow the lawn, bake sugar cookies/gingerbread cookies/pumpkin pie, wrap presents for the dogs, champagne by the pool  :P

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

You underestimate me, Kody.!  I'm up by 4:30 and had my itinerary all set before the sun cracked the horizon (I love the internet!!!).  Grocery store was all finished 15 minutes before the store with the needed Christmas gift opened.  I was in the door, had the goods in my hand, and was at the register before the staff was out of the back room with their coffees, lol.  

The cranberry cake is now cooling, the laundry is ready to be hung, the bed remade, and the entire house is picked up (but not vacuumed).  

I don't want to wrap, though... so I'm farting around here instead.   ::)

Mike

Not much going on With me no present and that stuff anymore. 
But  I did resue a lost dog today and save her owners christmass from pain that made me feel real good.
Just watching thebtube before working on my boat lift later. Have some wiring to do.
Then I'll figure out at the last minute what's for dinner and tomorows   

bobbin

The eggs are cooked, peeled, and I'll stuff 'em tomorrow morning. 

We decided to "bag" the wrappping this year.  Get this:  we opted to put all the items in one garbage bag for each of us.  I found some nice ribbon and the huband's loot is under the tree... .  No fuss, no muss, baby!

(I gave him his new pillow before he headed off for his nap, and he gave me the pastry bag and the devilled egg platter)

Mike

I gueese I already bought my own gifts this month one was a new flat screen tv for my patio after  my old tube set was killed by lightning and I had a poi g I stalled and my boat lift installed on them.

scottymc

It's Christmas here now, you Americans are so far behind ;). Since it is Christmas I will do something different, Upholstery work ;D

baileyuph

Overtime?  Believe it or not, sounds strange for our business but I have been working overtime.  Had to work until last night to finish the last job.  I do wood repairs as well as upholstery and a vendor had me tied up on correcting manufacturers cheaper built stuff.

Got it done and had trouble finding a place to eat late last night, so had to settle for fast foods.

Anyway, here in the middle of this country, no snow yet but we aren't having wine by the pool or mowing grass.  But, the weather, for us, isn't all that bad.

Doyle

Darren Henry

QuoteWe decided to "bag" the wrappping this year.  Get this:  we opted to put all the items in one garbage bag for each of us.  I found some nice ribbon and the huband's loot is under the tree... .  No fuss, no muss, baby!

I did the same thing yesterday for my step-son's birthday. Being a boxing day baby he always gets santa and reindeer on his birthday wrapping paper and I bought him a much needed frying pan. His is gross. I couldn't find a box the right size or cardboard enough to make one and to wrap it would only leave "what colour is it?" for a surprise, so I put it in a suitcase. 8) *

* N.B point out that you want the "wrapping paper" back before gifting. ;) .
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

O he got a new suitcase too ;)