Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:03:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dear Santa

Started by BigJohn, December 20, 2011, 01:47:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

December 20, 2011, 01:47:08 pm Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:48:16 pm by BigJohn
Dear Santa,

I don't want much for Christmas, I just want the person reading this to
be happy. Friends are the fruit cake of life --- some nutty, some soaked
in alcohol, some sweet but mix them together and they're my friends . At
Christmas you always hear people talking about what they want & bought.
This is what I want: I want people who are sick with no cure, to be
cured. I want children with no families to be adopted. I want people to
never have to worry about food, shelter & heat. I want peace on earth,
goodwill and love for everyone!

sofadoc

Your Christmas wish reminds me of a hypothetical that I heard.

If you could end world hunger by simply giving up everything you own.....BUT the catch is that NO ONE would ever know that it was you who made the sacrifice, and you'll be dirt poor for the rest of your life.....would 'ya?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Of course, but the deal maker would have to be greater than anyone living on this planet.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

fingers

BigJohn....Amen

Sofa........yes, right now. I own my house outright, no car payments etc. My spouse whom I consider a quality person would likely slap me up side the head though.

Darren Henry

john, I've always known you were a class act---- but that moved me man. Warmest wishes for a healthy and happy new year to you and yours.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Hell Bat

Good if posible yup!,but ending greed and power hunger would do the food thing too, 8)

kodydog

One thing you didn't make clear Sofa. Would this be a permanent end to world hunger or is this a one day thing and then the world is on it's own again? If its the latter than no. It would only take about 4 months and we would be on the road right back to where we currently are. Corrupt world leaders and bad decisions (dust bowl comes to mind) cause most of the world hunger.

I hate to get all nit picky on you but we are talking the rest of my life.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on December 22, 2011, 09:56:25 am
One thing you didn't make clear Sofa. Would this be a permanent end to world hunger or is this a one day thing and then the world is on it's own again? If its the latter than no. It would only take about 4 months and we would be on the road right back to where we currently are. Corrupt world leaders and bad decisions (dust bowl comes to mind) cause most of the world hunger.

I hate to get all nit picky on you but we are talking the rest of my life.
It's a permanent end to world hunger. YOU on the other hand, will have nothing but the shirt on your back, and barely enough to eat for the rest of your life. And you'll get NO credit for your sacrifice.
OR.... you get 100 million dollars, world hunger doubles, and NO ONE will know that you could've stopped it.

These hypotheticals may seem silly and preposterous. But think about just how many people we could help if we did give up everything we own.

Regarding BigJohn's wish for no one having to worry about food, shelter, and HEAT.....I used to work for a propane delivery service during the winter. I saw many poor families that had to choose between food, or heat.
I would lift up a prayer for those families, asking for a break in the cold weather. so they could spend their money on food.
Meanwhile, back at the office, the Christian family that owned the propane dealership was praying for the cold weather to not only continue, but intensify.
It made me realize that whatever you're praying for, someone else is praying for just the opposite.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

CreativeCanvas

I dunno. Always said if I hit the lottery I'd give half to charity. Not too sure about giving up all my worldly possessions beforehand, ain't got much?

gene

YOU on the other hand, will have nothing but the shirt on your back, and barely enough to eat for the rest of your life.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

QuoteYOU on the other hand, will have nothing but the shirt on your back, and barely enough to eat for the rest of your life

Kinda sounds like self employment.I could go back to that if the beneficiaries were thank-full enough to have me over for supper once in a while.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!