Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 11:24:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Old "Barrel" style seat base patterns?

Started by CreativeCanvas, December 05, 2011, 03:37:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

That sounds like quite a project June
the pachaga I had my eye on way back when had a 454.
But then I bought a 72 sutphen grand sporrt I stead. I  wish I hadn't sold it.
I've met Brian   Doug a about 5 years ago when I was in Venice once

JuneC

Ya, the 502 should move it pretty well.  We have a friend with a variety of prop blades/pitches/etc. that we're going to try it with to see what we can get out of it.  Should be fun!   I'm gonna rebuild the simple bucket seats with bolsters as it was a major gripe with the originals - no bolsters to "lift" you up when needed.  GreatLakeSkipper has some bolster hinges that I think could be retrofitted to the original plastic if the seats are reinforced underneath with a 1/2" layer of Starboard light (to keep the weight down).   I believe I can re-engineer the the things to be original plus!  Well, at least I hope I can.  We'll see.   :-X

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

CreativeCanvas

Sounds like a cool project June. Oughta scoot with a 502'n the right prop.

Hear ya about 'lift'. The crappy folding seat(s) in my boat at the moment put my line of sight right behind the top rail of the windshield. Like I need that. I've taken to folding the seat down'n sitting on the back during low speed maneuvers ...?