Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:26:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Source for Stainless Steel Hog Rings ??

Started by hdflame, November 20, 2011, 11:41:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Jim101

fragged8

got some in my tool box , :-)

I can ship some out if you really can't get any .

rich

hdflame

November 20, 2011, 08:38:50 pm #3 Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:42:25 pm by hdflame
Quote from: Jim101 on November 20, 2011, 12:22:20 pm
Here's some on Ebay with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hog-rings-upholstery-trap-making-stainless-steel-cage-/160668775998?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item25689af63e

Drop me an e-mail if your looking for wholesale quantities.

Jim

Jim,

That's not a bad price on eBay.  I wonder if they'll fit my upholstery hog ring pliers?

I'm using them to attach the ends of some bungee cord together that holds a motorcycle seat cover.  I had been using SS lockwire in .041 and thought the hog rings would be much quicker.  They are, but I figured I should use SS since it would be outside in the weather.

Did you have a wholesale source?  I looked at some of mine and only saw regular hog rings.

Rich,

Thanks for the offer, but I'll find some.  I just figured someone on here might use them and know of a source.

Here's a picture of what I'm using them on.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

fragged8

thats why I have them, for joining bungee on covers

Rich

OddBall13

are these what your looking for they are on Rochford supply wed site I've ordered form them a couple of times and been happy with the service.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Ropes_and_Cords/Shock_Cord_%28Bungee%29/Hog_Rings/index.html

hdflame

Quote from: fragged8 on November 21, 2011, 12:31:16 am
thats why I have them, for joining bungee on covers

Rich

And I thought I came up with that idea!   :D

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

hdflame

Quote from: OddBall13 on November 21, 2011, 07:36:11 pm
are these what your looking for they are on Rochford supply wed site I've ordered form them a couple of times and been happy with the service.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Ropes_and_Cords/Shock_Cord_%28Bungee%29/Hog_Rings/index.html

I've ordered quite a few things from them that were hard to find.  I thought I'd checked all of my suppliers...guess not!

Be sure to check their close-out listings too.  Sometimes you'll find some good prices.

I found some for a good price on eBay.  Got some with points good for piercing material and also got some that have flat ends that I'm using for the bungee cord.  I don't have to worry about the flat ends snagging on something.  The place I ordered from were selling them for making wire cages.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special