Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:24:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Rag on This: Car Seats Turned Home Furniture

Started by TheHogRing, November 20, 2011, 07:49:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

Okay so I've noticed some furniture upholsterers ragging on car upholstery - no worries, I take it all in humor.

But rag on this: David Clark Designs has released an entire line of home furniture made from car seats: http://tinyurl.com/c9p34ml

It's pretty cool...

MinUph

Now that is pretty cool. I'm sure they are more comfortable than the standard chairs of today.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

bobbin

Any amount of thought tells you those chairs must be incredibly comfortable!  The major manufacturers put a ton of money and brainpower into seating that's comfortable and designed for safety within an automobile.  The tricky part about repurposing it for use in a home is what sort of support structure you design for it. 

Very cool.                                                                                                 

SHHR

I thought of doing something like this a while back, My mistake was telling my wife and being accused of being the uber redneck  8) wanting to sit on car seats in the house. I'll show her these pics and see if she changes her mind.
Kyle

kodydog

Quote from: SHHR on November 20, 2011, 01:33:32 pm
I thought of doing something like this a while back, My mistake was telling my wife and being accused of being the uber redneck  8) wanting to sit on car seats in the house. I'll show her these pics and see if she changes her mind.
Kyle

Yeah, definitely a man cave chair.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

fragged8

been going on in the UK for years.

check out Top Gear on youtube it's an english car program
when they have the guest chat section they are sitting on a leather
interior from an old Jaguar i think.