Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 10:26:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

If I can do it, anyone can

Started by sofadoc, November 19, 2011, 09:37:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I encourage my customers to email me a photo of the furniture that they would like an estimate on. If they can't send one via email, I suggest they take a pic with their phone, and send it to my phone.
3/4 of them end up bringing their camera, or phone into my shop and showing it to me that way.
Why do people have all these $500 I-Phones, I-Pads, Cameras, and various other digital media if they have no intention of learning even the most rudimentry skills to use them?
I don't consider myself to be tech-savvy at all. But I HAVE mastered the basics of taking and sending a picture. I certainly wouldn't spend a ton of money on an electronic device if I didn't think I could grasp the concept of using it.
I have a simple cell phone that takes pics, and makes calls. I could afford the latest and greatest if I wanted one, but I'm not interested in walking around all day with my head down staring at it.   
When I'm watching a ballgame on TV, I can't help but secretly root for some knucklehead in the stands to get beaned by a foul ball because he's too busy texting to watch the game when he has obviously deprived a REAL fan of a great seat.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike8560

Ot of
time my customers lave and are up north when I Finnish there Jon so I take a pic email it to them and then will call them to let them know.

gene

November 19, 2011, 02:29:54 pm #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:32:29 pm by gene
Here you go, sofadoc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQ7CRXbEMc

Look at how many women drive cars and they never learned how? ROFLMAO

I may have mentioned this before, but I was talking to a lady customer who was in her late 70's. I mentioned, jokingly, that she could take a picture of her furniture and email it to me. She asked for my email address, and said, "Just a minute." A minute later she said she just took pics and sent them to my email address.

If we argue for our limitations, we will own them.

I have a TV at my shop that I can hook up sundry electronic devices to so I can see the pics better. It works pretty well for those who don't know how to email.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on November 19, 2011, 09:37:07 am
When I'm watching a ballgame on TV, I can't help but secretly root for some knucklehead in the stands to get beaned by a foul ball because he's too busy texting to watch the game when he has obviously deprived a REAL fan of a great seat.

The only good thing about that is the guy behind him caught the game winning ball that bounced off the knuckleheads head.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

bobbin

I really struggle with the tech. stuff.  I can attach pictures to e-mails and, depending on the site, sometimes embed them in a post (not here, though).  I know June has mentioned how to get rid of the ads. on Photobucket but I can't get it done and so I refuse to use it.  I wonder if anyone uses Picasa? 

The mistake I make is that I wait until I really have to do something and then I can't and get frustrated and abandon the endeavor altogether (in kids this is why they wet their pants, lol).  Gene, you're dead on in your comment about arguing for our limitations.  So I keep plugging away and it does get easier. 

(I work by appointment  the rule is that I've made time for you and you may not take calls on your cell phone when you're here and we're conducting business.  I unplug my phone during appointments/fittings)

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on November 20, 2011, 02:46:13 am
I know June has mentioned how to get rid of the ads. on Photobucket but I can't get it done and so I refuse to use it. 

That's odd to me. When I click on my own Photobucket pics that I have posted here, I only rarely get an ad to pop up. And I immediately close the ad window when I do.
Do you guys get besieged with ads when you click on MY pics?
I mean....do the ads only pop up when someone else looks at my Photobucket album?

sofadoc

(I work by appointment  the rule is that I've made time for you and you may not take calls on your cell phone when you're here and we're conducting business.

When a customer in my shop takes a call on their cell phone, I simply walk away.......pick up my air stapler.......and go back to work. They tire quickly of trying to talk over the KA-POW, KA-POW noise.

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on November 20, 2011, 08:29:36 am
(I work by appointment  the rule is that I've made time for you and you may not take calls on your cell phone when you're here and we're conducting business.

When a customer in my shop takes a call on their cell phone, I simply walk away.......pick up my air stapler.......and go back to work. They tire quickly of trying to talk over the KA-POW, KA-POW noise.

Sofadoc YOU are SOOOO rude. HA ha :)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html