Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 08:01:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Using a laptop for work

Started by bobbin, October 29, 2011, 07:17:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

Gene:  I agree with you on Quick Books, just couldn't run my business without it, once you learn the program is saves so much time and hassle.  I wonder if people try to master everything it has to offer and get discouraged.  I only use what I need for my business, there are a lot of options in the program that I may never have to use, so I just don't use them.

I thought of using a laptop, but I just don't see the benefit of one until I can print invoices, or estimates right out of it.  Without that capability, I would have to lug around a printer and set it up at the customers home to give them a print out, other wise I still have to write everything down on the estimate anyway.  So I just stick to writing everything down on the estimate, I use a two part form, so I and the customer both get a copy, them I have to type it all into the computer when I get back to the shop.  If they made a lap top with a built in printer it sure would save a lot of time, but then they would have to make a printer that would last as long as the computer.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

MinUph

Printing wirelessly is becoming the norm in the printer world. Soon you will be able to print to your customers printer without much hassle. In the meantime you can always just e-mail the estimate or bill so they can print it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike8560

wheN I write a contract I'm face to face with the customer and they need to sign it.
Having to email
pint then sign I wouldn't have a copy of the sig