Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:10:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Amazing Boat and Craftsmanship...lot's of pictures!

Started by hdflame, October 27, 2011, 08:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

I stumbled across this site quite a while back when I was searching for info on building a small sneak boat to use in small ponds and creeks.

This is a FAR cry from what I was searching for, but I found this project very interesting.  This guy does some amazing woodworking.  Actually, he does a lot of amazing work, including some of his upholstery work too.

Here's a link to his site.  He has documented his progress in great detail and I thought the members on this forum would appreciate his attention to the smallest details.

For the best experience, start at the beginning rather than skipping around.

Hope you enjoy his work as much as I do.  BTW, you can sign up to get periodic email updates from him.  I usually receive one every 3-6 months, so you're not bombarded with emails.

http://sshelge.com/helge/helge_entries.html

ENJOY!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

mike802

Bobbie this guy is amazing, I would have never thought about building your own fridge!  I wont be getting that detailed with the bus conversion, I really want to finish it.  Still lots of stuff to look at, at the boat site, that sure is a cool looking boat.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Grebo

Blimey, that takes me back   ::)  We 'restored' our old wooden tub while we lived on her. But we have neither the budget or the tools of this guy. Some lovely wood work, I wonder that the gross tonnage will be when he's done ?
As for that helm seat, he's definitely seem to much Star Trek  ;D
I hope he completes it & has many years of happy use.

Suzi

Mojo

I love woodworking. It is one of my biggest passions. I would much rather be in my woodshop then in my UP shop.

When I see masters such as this turn out work such as his it leaves me in awe. Let us not forget also that our very own Mike802 is one amazing woodworker and craftsman as well. I have a great deal of respect for Mike and his work. He is awesome at what he does. I would love to spend a week with Mike in his woodshop. The things I could learn from him. :)

I have a woodshop stuffed full of woodworking machines. I think I have at least one of everything. But I still cannot turn out work like Mike or the guy in these pictures. :)

Awesome photos. Thanks for posting.

Chris

Mike8560

E was a guy on here for a short time whinwas building his own yacht. I wonder how  he doing