Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 06:35:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Friday's favorite sayings

Started by gene, October 05, 2011, 07:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

October 05, 2011, 07:39:29 am Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:42:56 am by gene
What's your favorite cleaver, witty, insightful, motivating, or just interesting, saying?

"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you will suck forever."

gene

PS: I just finished 3 hours of paperwork. Now I get to go to my shop and work for 8 to 10 hours. I should have bought one of those TV infomercial products where you can 'get rich quick by owning your own business with only 4 to 6 hours of work each week". Oh well. Maybe in my next life? I wonder what Don Lapre will be doing in his next life?

PPS: I know it's not Friday.
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SHHR

Quote from: gene on October 05, 2011, 07:39:29 am
What's your favorite cleaver, witty, insightful, motivating, or just interesting, saying?

PS: I just finished 3 hours of paperwork. Now I get to go to my shop and work for 8 to 10 hours. I should have bought one of those TV infomercial products where you can 'get rich quick by owning your own business with only 4 to 6 hours of work each week".

You mean you don't just walk out to your mailbox everyday wearing just your bathrobe to collect those big checks coming in?

kodydog

Quote from: SHHR on October 05, 2011, 10:05:56 am
You mean you don't just walk out to your mailbox everyday wearing just your bathrobe to collect those big checks coming in?

Walk??? Are you kidding! Gene drives his Cadillac to the mail box.

Mom always said, If you don't take care of your teeth they will go away.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

scottymc

"I love the sound a deadline make as it flies on by"

For those of us who work to live.

206RB

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Peppy

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

206RB

"If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts so often"

Darren Henry

" you can have cheap,fast,or good------pick two!"
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

I'm pretty sure Gene has a hooded golf cart to get his mail.   (In real life, I stopped for a school bus last week and at least two moms headed off down the street from the bus stops in their golf carts.)

My favorite saying:
"There is hardly anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse
and sell a little cheaper, and those people who consider price only, are this man's lawful prey. It is unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money - that is all.   When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot; it cannot be done.   If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better"

John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

What makes you people think that Gene even HAS to check his own mail?
I'm sure that he has people for that. ;D

Hammer's favorite IS a good one, but I think you would have a tough time selling that concept on the modern day consumer. Advertisers have convinced the public that they really CAN indeed have it both ways.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

October 06, 2011, 05:21:54 am #10 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:23:27 am by gene
I have a driveway that is 5 miles long, perfectly straight and level. My mail box is at the end of my driveway.

I drive my Bugotti Veyron down my driveway to pick up my mail each day. The 5 mile long driveway allows me to get up to 250 mph. Even if Obama reduces postal mail delivery by one day, I'll still be driving down to check the mailbox everyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o

In my dreams...

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

October 06, 2011, 09:47:58 am #11 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:49:08 am by Mike8560
5 miles like a hermit I hole tou don't have to plow snow
ok even thought it's thrusday And I'm relaxing on my porch
"its five o clock somewhere".
"it's casual Friday "

fragged8

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 05, 2011, 05:40:54 pm
" you can have cheap,fast,or good------pick two!"

can i have 'cheap and good' please :-)

I've always liked

' Just because a cat has kittens in a fish shop that doesn't make them Kippers'

"kippers are smoked fish"

sofadoc

My favorite saying is a line from "The Wizard of Oz".
Dorothy asks the scarecrow "If you don't have a brain, how can you talk?".
His reply is "I don't know.....but a lot of people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

Quotea lot of people without brains do an awful lot of talking

Tuesday was our provincial election in Manitoba. -------------YUP! , good call 'Doc.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!