Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:46:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

KMV restore

Started by Peppy, November 26, 2011, 07:19:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

This guy showed up and wanted a top he could stand under

After scratching my head for a few minutes trying to figure out something nice, the Sewer says "Why don't you take off that stupid hardtop and build a nice normal top? .....did I say that out loud?" And the guy goes for it! And gives us carte blanche on the interior!

hurtin' for certain

This bench was completely redesigned and now has cup holders. Oooo ahhhh.

I really like these seats. I'd have them in my house even.

and the top

Which is now snapped on as opposed to these things

Buttons! Seriously. The canvas had button holes sewn in that slipped over these studs. ??? Craziness.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mojo

Very nice Peppy. :)

Chris

JuneC

As I looked at your pics I was gonna raz you about not cleaning up the pedestal bases.  ::)  But in your last chair pic, looks like you did!  Very nice work.  What an improvement, eh?  I don't understand the button / buttonhole thing.  Sunseeker does that as well with OEM canvas.  No way to adjust fit, once it's done and they want to rip out in spots.  Oh well, each to his own methods.  I'd say you've made this boat a lot more all-weather friendly. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Job odd they wanted to spend the money on an older little boat vo figure.
Last weeekend I got  called to loom at a old 73 cruiser ok I did a nice old Chris for a canadian snowbird a couple gears ago but I get there the guy looks like a young redneck and said was just looking for costs. Turned out theybsign for the ifhest priced contract  I've written.  Go figure 

Peppy

Thanks guys!

These are supposed to be good boats. Well built in my opinion, from what I saw. Probably why they went under. Although they still make them in Finland or somewhere over there. I think the owners bought it well, so whats a few grand for upholstery I guess. They have way more boat than they could buy new with the same money. If it floats....he hasn't had it in the water yet... 0_o

and yes June we were waiting on new bases ;)
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

Most people I see peppy would say geeze I didn't pay that much for the  boat most are cheap unless it's a bog money Boat. I heR you on the. Out of buisness.  I heard fountian went out also and took a few brands they also owned.