Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 22, 2024, 06:43:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Whatch out for wasps

Started by Mike8560, September 24, 2011, 06:43:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Welli went to install  some bolsters this morning I finnished yesterday late
I had toreach into holes under the gunnelS to install some nuts.
I instelled the rear one about 6 nutsthats was ok then I did the starboard side 3 nuts. I wD working on the 1st one when a wasp fell out of the hole about the size of my hand.
I was laying on myback   He landed on my lip and stung me.
Now I look like Louie Armstrong

Mojo

Dang, that had to hurt. I guess you could always find a pretty woman and have her kiss the sting to make it better. :)

I got stung while on top of my coach one day. I was up there 13 ft in the air dancing around like an idiot while trying to get away from a couple that were still flying around while trying to keep from falling off. I am sure my neighbors got a kick out of it.

I hate bee's and wasps.

Chris

fragged8

oh man ! i bet that really hurt. i hope you get better soon.

Rich

Pegasus2007

Ouch!!!!!!  I am scared to death of them!  I am always looking up under there first to make sure there aren't any.  Also when taking off sail covers!  They love nesting in those!  My lip hurts just thinking about it!

Mike8560

Ll the swelling is going down it's alot  better now
I'd out up a pic but you'd all laught  to death ;)
pegsssus I usuly lily but this was a small hole only big enough to fit my hand through the. I had to turn to reach the nut.  I meen I've been stung befor riding motorcycle and all but I've never got it right on my lips.

scottymc

So Mike do you talk like you type now? :P

Peppy

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

let me tell you sfter my stroke ive been talking bad enough but after my lips all sweel up i just about couldnt make a sound

scottymc

Are they the european wasp, we are starting to get a lot here. Very nasty

fragged8

we have have a boat shed and a dingy shed at out yacht club.

over the weekend I had to go into the Dingy shed and found someone
has stored some polystyrene in the roof space.
And there was a huge wasp nest inside the bag of poly, needless to say i got
out of there PDQ.

someone else can deal with that :-)

Rich

Darren Henry

I feel for ya man. We were deployed in an area that had alot of those little yellow jackets once and one got inside my pop can unseen. Do not confuse unseen and unnoticed.Mercifully these little goobers leave a lump the size of a small marble cut in half but it only last a couple of hours.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BigJohn

Due to my Atrial Fibrillation last summer when I got stung by several bees it sent me to the emergency room with a pulse over 160

Mike8560

that had to be a big surprise
darren thinking your gona geet a nice cold drink and..........

Mojo

Quote from: BigJohn on September 25, 2011, 11:07:33 am
Due to my Atrial Fibrillation last summer when I got stung by several bees it sent me to the emergency room with a pulse over 160

My little brother had to always have an injection kit with him. He was deathly allergic to them.

Chris

RocketmanMH1

Sorry to hear about your misfortune,  If any of you guys and gals want to hear it I can tell you how to make a gadget that will eliminate your pain and fear of any stinging creature.   I became allergic to stings about 20 yrs ago, after two trips to the hospital for shock and not to mention the bills for the e room, and time wasted sitting in there for hours to make sure I don't have secondary reactions, I started looking for an alternative to the epi pen and benadryl.   I found it !!!!!!I cant guarantee that it works on every person 100 percent of the time,but I can say that it has worked 100% of the time that I have used it on me and my friends. You have to look at a sting in a technical way and have an open mind to accept what I will tell you, until you get stung and try it and then you will be singing it's praises.  If anybody on this board has one of these  they will likely chime in and report of its amazing effectiveness. I'm not going to go into detail about this unless I get some response to this post because it will take a little time to describe in detail.   If you want to hear it let me know.

Mike