Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 08:03:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Darren ?????

Started by Mojo, August 13, 2011, 01:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I see you finally posted on here. I will recall the Marine Corps Recon platoon and send them towards Russ's place. He is MIA as well.

Where have you been Darren ? I always miss your humor and posts. You have some explaining to do my friend. :)

Chris

Mike8560

JuneC

Maybe he's been on a walkabout...   Anyway, Darren, what's that crap about a busted up ankle????   Buddy still kicking I hope?? 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

Sorry for going AWOL Col.  It's been a busy summer considering all that I haven't done LOL.If I'm not driving the six hours home to keep the tenant happy I'm doin' chores and fiddling with something it seems.

I should have a little more time on my hands now though as I will be off work for a while. I tried to carry two hand fulls of tools down a ladder last week and proved myself as clever some of you accuse me of being: the last thing I said to myself before I started down the ladder was "put half that sh@t down A$$hole, you could fall" . I was right. When I looked over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't going to hip check my co-worker Matt ( big strong sunamagun) I started to fall backwards. There was a time when my reflexes were quick enough that I could have run down the ladder and got my feet back under me. Wednesday wasn't it. :'( four and a half-five foot gravity check , nothing but air . On the up side I did get myself turned in mid air to avoid slamming backwards into the steel bench behind me but that left me traveling side ways when  all of a sudden this concrete floor jumped up and kicked me in the calcaneus (heel bone) breaking a couple of fragments off the bottom and spraining my ankle. The last time I saw a foot this swollen was when my 85-90 pound niece was pregnant with what we thought was going to be a dish washer.

Thanks for asking about Buddy June. He's alright for now, but if my crutches and I trip over his deaf old self in this postage stamp sized cave much more and he keeps hauling me up that ship's ladder that leads to the front door every half hour I may have to change that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Darren. For God's sake how many times have I told you, despite what you think your an old cuss not some young star football player. Geeessshhh.  ;D

I am very sorry to hear about the crash but glad you didn't smash your noggin on the cement. When we get to be as old as you and I we need to hang on to every brain cell we can.

Get better and keep posting. Glad to see you on here my friend.

:)

Chris

Mike8560

Bad news on the foot Darren  got to watch thoose ladders
I had s neighbor up north doi g some volunteer work at a church had a hammer in hs hand and fell off the ladder one story and thenhammer claw went I to his brain.  Messed him up bad

JuneC

Ouch! Darren...  That sucks.   ???  Have a Molson on me  :-* 

Sorry to hear Buddy's getting old  :'( (like we ain't...) 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on August 17, 2011, 10:18:30 am
glad you didn't smash your noggin on the cement.   we need to hang on to every brain cell we can.

What about the damage Darren could've done to the cement with that hard head of his? ;)
I wouldn't worry too much about brain cells. I think that ship sailed a long time ago.  ;D
But more importantly Darren, are the tools OK?  :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

QuoteBut more importantly Darren, are the tools OK?  Cheesy

You sound like my boss. Yes they and the concrete are fine.

Thanks everyone.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BigJohn

Darren:
     I asked this a while back but I don't think you ever saw my post, What ever happened with that boat restoration project that you got involved in?

Darren Henry

Sadly it got scraped. Once we got what was left of her home support just kinda fizzled and a couple of us on the committee moved away etc...There was some talk about putting her in the transportation museum they are establishing in one of the parks to compliment the rail road museum already there, but I drove by the last time I was home and she's still in the corner at the local aircraft  rebuilder's compound.