Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 07:10:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anyone Looking For a Pfaff ?

Started by Mojo, August 06, 2011, 10:17:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

August 09, 2011, 07:42:11 pm #15 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:42:57 pm by BigJohn
byhammerandhand:

More than a little off topic but seeing your from Cincinnati whats your favorite chili, I prefer Dixie but I've run into those that favor Skyline or Gold Star. I prefer mine served on spaghetti, with Beans, onions, and cheese.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

sofadoc

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on August 10, 2011, 02:55:37 pm
How is this off topic?   :D

Pfaff......Cincinnatti Chili.....makes perfect sense to me. :D

My wife lost her recipie for the best Cincinnatti Chili I ever ate. We've found a few variations online, but not the same. I never heard the terms Dixie, Skyline, and Gold star before.
As soon as the temperature drops about 70 degrees, I'm ready for some.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

August 10, 2011, 05:55:09 pm #18 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:58:36 pm by byhammerandhand
I'm not a native, so I gave some puzzled looks when I first got here.   It's about the only place in the world where you can sit there with a woman and  tell the waitress you'd like a three-way and not get slapped.

Normally, we make our own in a crock pot.   But occasionally we'll hit Skyline or Gold Star if we're out.  My neighbor to the south and west (brothers) own a Gold Star nearby, so I tend to go there.  For those of you equally puzzled, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

I see you are from Wisconsin.  When I worked in Wisconsin, my boss's boss was from Texas.   Having lunch one day in the company cafeteria, he noted, "The only problem with Wisconsin chili is that it has no meat and it has no chili pepper.  And that's all that is supposed to be in chili."    (It did have a trace of ground beef with copious amounts of stewed tomato and elbow macaroni. )
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison