Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:26:12 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help ! Axle grease on tencate canvas

Started by Grebo, July 29, 2011, 06:35:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

SOMEBODY  :-X Got some blobs of grease on our nice new tencate canvas tent.  >:(

What the heck can I do to get it out.
I am currently thinking of trying a vacuum cleaner to suck it out or even a hand held steamer !
Any comments or advise welcomed.
We are aiming to leave over the weekend, possibly monday so need to sort it ASAP.

Suzi

JuneC

You probably don't have access to the same products we do - I'd start with GooGone, Goof Off, Oil Eater, System 88, Pro Solve Gel for final cleanup. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

No I don't  :'(  nearest thing I have is auto glyms sticky stuff remover or various solvents.
Don't want to knacker the waterproof-ability if I can help it.
Do you think it will leak if I leave it alone ?

Suzi

fragged8

Mike8560

I on d got some a le grease on a sunbrella white cover   A nice black spot I saw kt when I was all do e.  I got it out with simple green. But don't wait too long

bobbin

I want to know what you did to fix the grease stain, Grebo.  When working with light colored awning fabrics this occasionally happens when dealing with old awning fittings (not axle grease, but grease all the same) and if you find a good fix I'd like to know about it.