Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:14:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Let's talk Servo motors

Started by bobbin, July 22, 2011, 01:07:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boyfalldown

July 23, 2011, 01:57:36 pm #15 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:00:36 pm by boyfalldown
Mike, are you saying that your tripping the main breaker in your shop if you turn on your clutch motor while the ac is running?

DC servo motors don't load up and draw more current at start up like ac clutch motors do, so you shouldn't have the breaker popping issue. I'm on the road for the next week otherwise I'd throw an amp clamp on my servo and my clutch motors and give you real current draw numbers at startup and wide open.

Low voltage raises current (amps), which makes heat that trips your breakers. If you have any electrician friends you could have them wire in a buck boost transformer in front of your power panel to give you more voltage and more headroom on your breaker.

Mike8560

July 23, 2011, 04:44:51 pm #16 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:48:37 pm by Mike8560
Quote from: boyfalldown on July 23, 2011, 01:57:36 pm
Mike, are you saying that your tripping the main breaker in your shop if you turn on your clutch motor

not the main breaker  but the ac and Maine plug and a ligbt I'd on one breaker

boyfalldown

Do you have an extension cord on your sewing machine or ac unit?

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Standard clutch motors require the most power at startup cor sure.  I have no idea the comparison between clutch startup and an active running servo at all.

Mike8560

Quote from: boyfalldown on July 23, 2011, 06:22:43 pm
Do you have an extension cord on your sewing machine or ac unit?

no just wall
plug

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Bobbin,

I'm surprised the Relaible motor you have is noisy.  Usually they are a quiet running motor, really.  I wonder if the motor pulley is not getting hung up, or it could be defective. 

I'll send an email again and make a recommendation, if I may.

bobbin

Gregg, I've had 2 e-mails bounced back to me... please tell me my e-mail addy isn't "spam".  OUCH, you are cruel, man!