Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 07:28:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Vacation Time !!!

Started by Mojo, July 22, 2011, 05:10:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I am burned out as this has been one heck of a busy year already. Not so much from the upholstery side of things but just life in general. This year we have had so much going on and it has drove me into the ground energy wise. Had some blood tests last week at my Oncologists office and they sucked so its time to start another run of chemo in a couple weeks.

But before I do that we have been wanting to get away so have planned for a weeks worth of sun and fun on the Atlantic side ( St. Augustine, Flagler and Daytona Beach ). So I have the bus ready, its getting loaded tomorrow and Sunday we are hitting the road.

On the way there though we are making a stop at Millennium Coach which is located near Orlando. I was invited by the owner last January to come visit and tour the facilities. For those who have never heard of this coach company they build high end luxury buses. When I say high end I mean HIGH end - like 2 million dollars worth of high end. This is the place the movie stars and recording artists go for their coaches. :)

Evelyn the owner does their interior design work and she is the first designer I have ever met who I can honestly say has an amazing eye for blending fabrics. Her color and pattern use in addition to her selection of fabrics is astounding. The way she blends different types of leather blows my mind. I have seen some ugly 2 mil buses before but all of hers are awesome.

While touring the facilities the BIG highlight for me will be their upholstery shop and wood fabrication shop, two of my biggest passions in life. They make and build everything on site and I have heard that these two shops alone comprise 70 % of their facility sq footage. I am geeked to see all this and will be toting my camera and cam corder with me and hopefully be able to post pictures later. I cannot ait to see their veneer process and how they bend their wood.

When I called them today to set the plans they invited us to stay at their facility on Sunday. So we can park our bus there and connect to their 50 amp service for the night and do the tour Monday morning. It is always embarrassing to park my lowly $ 1/4 million coach next to these $ 2 million dollar buses. Makes me feel like Jed Clampett. :)

I will let you all know how the tour goes and what I learned. See ya''ll in a week. Behave and enjoy.
I am leaving Allan, Gene and BigJohn in charge of the weekly funnies while I am gone. Lets see if the 3 stooges can get themselves in trouble. :)

Chris

Mike8560

July 22, 2011, 05:20:42 pm #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:10:28 pm by Mike8560
I hope tou have void time
Chris with no hiccups

BigJohn

I'll try to hold up my part of the bargain!

Big John

scottymc

Well Chris what an opportunity, being left overnight camped next to a top notch workshop, I'm sure a man of your talents can have your rig looking like a million dollars by morning ;D
Have a good holiday, nothing like pulling out of the driveway with a fully packed rig.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Have fun and enjoy your working Vacation! 

Mike8560

July 26, 2011, 08:23:59 pm #5 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:25:52 pm by Mike8560
Quote from: scottymc on July 26, 2011, 03:06:19 pm
Well Chris what an opportunity, being left overnight camped next to a top notch workshop, I'm sure a man of your talents can have your rig looking like a million dollars by morning ;D
Have a good holiday, nothing like pulling out of the driveway with a fully packed rig.

I loved it when I sold my house packed everthng I wanted to keep  i
put my bike on a trailor and headed to Florida In my motorhome
with out a clue where I would end up  nobody looking for
me

kodydog

Quote from: Mike8560 on July 26, 2011, 08:23:59 pm
with out a clue where I would end up  nobody looking for me

Oh their still looking for you. You can run but you cannot hide. :o
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

Quote from: kodydog on July 27, 2011, 04:16:08 pm
Quote from: Mike8560 on July 26, 2011, 08:23:59 pm
with out a clue where I would end up  nobody looking for me

Oh their still looking for you. You can run but you cannot hide. :o

didn't meenit lime that Kody I meant nothing to do  no phone ringing

Friend td me tbs towners were still looking at my old shop were rhe canvas guy looking for work
in fact a guy here saw my trailer with name on it so he google me and found positive indo fron my old areaas website 
Gooe tour trip going well chris

Hell Bat

Loved St Aug. The old town and Ft. were my wifes fav. when we want about 12 years back,have fun.