Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 07:12:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Awning guys help!

Started by kat, July 20, 2011, 07:31:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

I have successfully redone the awnings on our motor home..yaaa!
So my wonderful other half brought home an awning from a car trailer that needed a repair that I did ok but.......I need to put the welt cord in and I did not mesure the distance between the front two cords (it has a flap that hangs over the front so one cord is at the flap and the other is behind that to holds it snugly onto the roll)...is the size standard between the two cords. I cant measure his as its about 2 hours away.

BigJohn

Many factory made replacements are made in two pieces now, the ruffle is a total separate piece as that allows it to be installed on any size roller!

kat

July 20, 2011, 07:59:27 pm #2 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:07:03 pm by kat
So you are saying I could Just cut the flap off and put the cord on the very end of the main awning and then just slide the flap part in its hole and it will all roll up ok?

ok found this pic....i think it will work

Allan

Kat

On my awning it was 90mm between the two but I would try another van in your area and check
Just go to a local caravan park.  I am sure there will be someone there that will let you measure their awning

Allan

BigJohn

Kat:
     Glad my information helped you, I've seen several of these two piece units installed! Another thing to mention the two piece design allows you to cut the old awning off and then install the two pieces, if holes don't exist for both pieces just drill and file for them.