Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 02:11:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thread Path - Pfaff 1245 bobbin winding

Started by baileyuph, July 08, 2011, 09:53:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Trivial matter:

Anyone with this machine know the thread path to wind bobbins on this machine?  As you know, the winder is built into the machine head and a manual isn't convenient.  Simple matter I know, but for some reason I don't have it right.

Is there a manual available to look at on the net?

Thanks in advance,

Doyle

sofadoc

July 08, 2011, 11:35:40 pm #1 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:47:48 pm by sofadoc
This one came up for free:
http://www.mansew.com/PFAFF/PFAFF%201245%20INSTRUCTION%20MANUAL.pdf

Check out page 9.03 for winding, and page 11-18 for adjustments to winding mech.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

Oh, to be able to immediately delete stuff.

The document was lengthy but well worth the time it took to print the entire content.

I can see it answers my question and more about properly using the bobbin winder built into the Pfaff head.  Amazing, how long you do this stuff, the learning curve continues.  The instructions are very professional and cover the machine very well.

Thanks for all help.

I have been using a side winder because I knew there was something missing in my knowledge to use the built in system. 

I am like a kid with a new toy. 

Pfaff's might be expensive to buy and get parts, but because something is expensive it might be for a reason.  I haven't bought any parts, significant parts, for this machine after several years of use.  The machine is tough and so is the metal it is built with. 

Now, with the printed document, I am having fun as I understand it.

Doyle

Saddleman

Doyle,

Here is link to Pfaff's site and all the manuals for the latest version of the 1245.

Instruction, Service, and Parts.

http://www.pfaff-industrial.com/pfaff/en/service/downloads/technicaldocu/pfaffdocument?doctype=technical&classid=1245&doccontent%3Alist=instruction&doccontent%3Alist=motor&doccontent%3Alist=partslists&doccontent%3Alist=service&doccontent%3Alist=setup&is_submitted=1&submitselect=Show+Results

BigJohn

July 09, 2011, 08:04:45 am #4 Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:20:15 am by BigJohn
Yes the 1245 is a great machine, but presently I'm having trouble with thread tension. The thread buries itself between the discs and binds so tight the thread breaks but when I pull the thread out and replace and readjust I end up set in the same manor and can't duplicate the binding. The change in tension results in a snarl of thread on the underside of the piece being sewn.

Big John

fingers

Big John,
  Assuming there is no crud between the tension discs...take a look at the little post/guide just  before that.  On occasion gunk will get lodged in there. A pipe cleaner cleans it out pretty well, can be fidgety to disassemble with the little spring that lurks in there.

BigJohn

Thanks fingers I'll give it a look see as soon as I get back from the fireworks at the "Balloon Rally and glow as well as the Rib fest" at the airport near our house. Yummmm!
                                       Big John

baileyuph

QuoteTopic Summary
Posted by: BigJohn  Posted on: July 09, 2011, 11:04:39 PM 
Insert Quote 
Thanks fingers I'll give it a look see as soon as I get back from the fireworks at the "Balloon Rally and glow as well as the Rib fest" at the airport near our house. Yummmm!

Hey BJ, maybe I can help you out.  I could go to the festival if you want to get at that machine problem.

Just thought I could help.   ;)

Doyle

Ps  Let us know how it comes out.