Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 03:47:04 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pfaff 138

Started by scottymc, July 07, 2011, 12:38:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymc

Thanks Needles, from now on I'm just gunna ask you, I already have an instruction booklet. It was the fact that it came with it that got me over the line to bid unseen, figured if they still had the original it would be in reasonable nick, But the question unanswered is, what use is a twin needle machine with only one hook, I suppose I will find out tomorrow as I am off to get the needles today, and a bigger pully for the 335 so she can go a bit faster.
Scotty

needles eye

Yo scotty, by hook or by crook don't rely too much on me mate, hey i find it hard to remember what day of the week it is, and even find it hard to spell my name somedays; have fun shopping, pfaff origonal parts are going to be pretty expensive (but you are paying for quality engineering) let me know if i can help out with some non generic parts from china being if required. Perhaps it only has the one hook on the bobbin shuttle and does a kinda coverstitch.  Wondering if smaller pulley wheel on motor  goes faster, and, bigger wheel slower? Thinking about motorbike gearing is all. Good luck fan belt shopping.
Been wondering about earlier question posed, and resultant answer,  as to why sailmakers use zig zag and not double stitching and wondering if there is double the holes from the twin stitch as opposed to the zig zag from side to side thus resulting in twice the stress risers from the perforations. Wots your thoughts?
I'm an aging windsurfer and have tried kitesurfing. Looked at doing repairs and found the Bernina 217n highly recommended. Missed out on one needing a service for a hundred and fifty bucks. Bummer. Advertised local for a week and had sold the night before i enquired. Since found another one for fourteen hundred and another for seventeen hundred. One went on Ebay over east recently for five hundred. 
But you really need the cams to do the two or three step in the zig and zag. They come in 217n 8, 10 or 12 (refers to stitch width in mm). Another guy out my way has one specifically for kite repairs and he uses the 8 mm model. Its off season for kiting over here at the moment, thogh some are still keen, they mainly sail off Woodman's Point close to my yacht club (Jervoise Bay YC). We are just south of Fremantle Yacht Club.
Me i just bought a featherweight Thomson Zig Zag, looks like it came out of a time capsule, for fifteen bucks, gonna mount it on an old drawing table and call it the Hellbat II, pix will follow,
cheers

scottymc

Hey Needles your really of the boil, so many spelling errors and ya got the gears the wrong way round, got the bigger wheel goes heaps faster, so your a windsurfer, ever go up to gnarloo? Must be happy today the derby's on,  You West Australians can make believe the 15 other teams don't exist for a day :) who do you go for, eagles? 

needles eye

Hey scotty mate been working on my reverse Latin dictionary
been spinning out good buddy..

thanks for showin' me how to get the wheels in motion to get me sewin up to speed

yeah have only been spearfishing and LBG offa quobba and around the blowholes area nearby gnarloo
done hearpa windsurfing out of Lancelin 'though
about a hundred klicks north of perth
best wavesailing in the southern hemisphere i'd probably reckon
otherwise used to sail closer to home off scarborough beach but dumpy shore break with strong rip

had a bo peep at your site, and, appeared error free spelling, but it is only human to err

nah i'm not an eagles fan except for their sewing machines
dockers aren't much chop either
play ball i go for essendon
and you?

what's the latest with the two needle trip and any other running concerns?

scottymc

Reverse latin, that could be good I may be able to understand that one, maybe your next one could be perverse latin.
The 138 is going real well, I got it going with 2 needles but it is a fairly useless function. Bought a new zig zag foot they only had pfaff price was $270 luckily it had been in stock for awhile so he discounted to $60, also needed a grease casing on an elbow underneath which are discontinued , $180 he gave me the last one for $20, so it pays to go to all the places that you are dealing with a few times personally. All up I got it up and running for $250 :D

I grew up a stones throw from Windy Hill, so I'm a bombers man, going to the "G" this Sunday. Got front row 2nd level seats to Collingwood v Essendon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8T2cW1V6XY remember that one. Just thought I'd throw in a few vid's of the game for the people in other lands that have got no idea what we are talking about(trying to turn you onto a great game)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbugTv3FzY&feature=related  Essendon is the red and blackhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5hNY83UA4&feature=fvwrel