Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:18:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

They've done it again

Started by Mike8560, July 06, 2011, 03:37:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lunker

Seriously, work out the payment before you cut one inch of fabric.  We ship custom items all over the world every day, without meeting the customer face to face.  Accepting credit cards makes this possible and painless.

Saddleman

Quote from: lunker on July 07, 2011, 07:14:34 pm
Seriously, work out the payment before you cut one inch of fabric.  We ship custom items all over the world every day, without meeting the customer face to face.  Accepting credit cards makes this possible and painless.

Ditto!

I know it would be very hard to change your busines, but payment up front is the way to go.  My line is "Payment secures your place in the schedule"  No payment, no spot in the schedule.  The consumer really have very little risk when using a credit card.  One call to the card company to dispute the charge the card company / merchant account firm hammers you with a back charge.   As a shop we do not have that kind of payment protection when the customer fails to pay.  GTMUF  (Get The Money Up Front)

DBR1957

When dealing with boats and non payment you can easily file a
maritime lien.

http://marineliens.com/MaritimeLiens.asp

Mike8560

Well they notified me they will be back neck week somthing happened

Nobody would pay me here thousands in advce before a job is done.
I just had a do k buil and I would want to pay till it's done. I paid a deposite.

I have always got a deposite to sign and shedluale the job.
I've been doing this for along time
but when I movd to Florida customers were Leary to give a deposite after they have been burned from contractors after hurricanes   Fly by night contractors. And where a canvas guy here has to go to them unlike my buisness up north were all work came  to m. Gave a deposite and paid the ballance  when done and thet picked the boat  up that wekend.
But here it's not  like that. June would understand
it's just when they tell me they will beee here on this date then they  thell me there here early and then leave bcore I'm do e  and no word for days ? It's totaly differnt here
they come and go at a whenever.   And cell phone on there  belt it so easy to call email. But no         

Mike8560

July 15, 2011, 10:53:20 am #19 Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:17:23 pm by Mike8560
Well plan was  to be her e today  just  found out I won't see them till Sunday ;(
figures
there alway one every so often

regalman190

Maybe you should tell him that if you're not paid on Sunday you would have to remove the canvas until paid in full and in cash!
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

Well I don't
dis eli e him but that would be the next step I'd take it off   
Im sure I could adapt it to fit mine

needles eye

Quote " It's totaly differnt here
they come and go at a whenever.   And cell phone on there  belt it so easy to call email. But no "

Relating to cell phone on their belt. Used to work for a Yank mob from Tulsa, operating in the Nor West of Australia, dropping radioactive probes (Am Be 247 and Cs 136) down exploration drill holes, that is, to check for density and porosity, and, had to do a well logging radiation safety course prior. 
On the radiation safety course learnt that our red blood cells are made in the pelvis and it is really, really, bad for ones' health to carry a mobile cell telephone on the hip being because the constant electro magnetic radiation the 'phone picks up in the hip / belt area then irradiates the new blood cells (in close proximity ) thus leading to cancer of the blood, ie luekiemia. Moral is, best to keep you 'phone far away from your hip at all times if you want to live longer.

Hoping you prosper, and, do hear your argument about getting paid after the job is completed then leading to a pay day sense of satisfaction and reward. Maybe you could tend to try and get more of the money up front from your jobs and stash it somewhere for later. I mostly hide my deposit money in a coffee thermos. Sometimes mix it up with a fifth flask and drink to mu customers "staggering good health".

Sometimes our faith in human nature gets a little dented but not broken. In the final analysis, main problem is evidently your heart is to big. So, toughen up sunshine.

And, stay cool in the shade.
;D

Mike8560

Grebo

Quote from: sofadoc on July 07, 2011, 03:58:58 pm
You'd be surprised at how angry a person can get over a couch, or a boat cover.
Legal mumbo-jumbo is only effective when you're dealing with sane, rational people.

A bit like divorce then.  :P

Suzi

Mike8560

Ya I went through  the divorce thing. 
Indodnt have nothing to lose though but my parentel rights it seemed  it was all in the mothers favor all the time