Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:19:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

juki ddl-555

Started by ozzy, June 23, 2011, 06:42:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzy

can any one give me a hand on how to time a juki-555.

im nt that smart so a simple explanation on how to do this would be much apprciated

needles eye

June 23, 2011, 07:24:55 pm #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:37:49 pm by needles eye
have a gawk at this first

http://www.freshdl.me/jms/juki+555+service+manual.html

however noted no free lunchs there on that site, and, its five dollars a peep and if bucks are a little tight at the moment let's hope that gregg reads this post and can put it in simple terms for us [felictas multos habet amicos (L.), prosperity has many friends];
indeed amigo while there is life there is hope and not for nothin' 

meanwhile suggest initially look to find where the marks are on the balance wheel and casing being with respect to the needle bar and feed dog height and then keep reading the manual gaining further and further insight and clarity

suggest make a note of, and importantly mark (tippex or nail polish is handy) where everything is being before you begin to make any of your rough own adjustments in fine tuning, so then you have a ball park place to come back to later should you cock it up in first attempts

note, i'm not that smart and have found that the things that first confused me the most i then best understood later

and, as ya may appreciate, faber est quisque fortunae suae (L.), every man is the fashioner of his own fortune
::)