Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 02:53:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bob Kovar & Toledo Machine

Started by Mojo, June 23, 2011, 06:52:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

After much pestering I finally got Bob to launch a website. He has many more machines to add to the
site as the site is not done but I like what he has so far.

I just wanted to publicly thank Bob for launching this site to make it easier for us to search out what
we need. I cannot say enough good things about Bob and his son Bobbie. He has supported many on this forum behind the scenes and while he hasn't posted much on requests for help he has spent many hours on the phone talking people through problems with their machines or sewing issues. He is also a supporter and advertiser of this forum.

Laid back, easy going, patient and honest I am sure you will find Bob is a great guy to work with like I have.

If you have any questions about anything give Bob a call. He can be reached at 866-362- 7397.

His new website address is: http://www.tolindsewmach.com/

As a friend and customer ( and a former marketing and business consultant ) I will be prodding Bob to add to his site in the future. :) After all that is what friends are for. .....lol.

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

June 23, 2011, 10:36:37 am #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:47:08 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Chris,

I wanted to be the very 1st to publicly thank you for publicly thanking Bob for making a website so he can sell stuff.

Hope he has you on the books as a rep at this point!  I hope he appreciates all the effort you put in to help his promote his company.  I had the same experience where it finally took the prodding from one of the best sales people in our industry from Consew to put a fire under my butt to start selling products online back in the late 90's.

As a web site developer myself I more than know the massive task of creating, functional web site for professional use.  It's very consuming.  But, in today's World people both local and far may not find you without a web presence.  Just part of doing business.  

Bob's site looks like it's off to a good start, and we'll keep posted to see how it progresses.  I love to have a window into what other dealers are up to, what products and services they provide, and what they want to promote.  There is SO much stuff out there!

If you speak with him Chris, wish him lots of luck, and good job of getting him started with his website.  It's important.

BTW Chirs...what kind of marketing and business consulting jobs did you work on?  Sounds intresting.

BigJohn

This is great as I consider Bob my supplier of choice since I've had so many positive experiences with both him and his son! He walked me thru the steps of timing my machine over the telephone, just today helped me with a thread tension issue, and has aided in solving many other problems in the past. I recommend anyone shopping for a used or new machine as well as repair parts contact him at: 866-362- 7397. Don't be concerned about calling him as I'm sure he'll treat you right regardless of who you bought your machine from. As Chris has said "he has spent many hours on the phone talking people through problems with their machines or sewing issues", and He is also a supporter and advertiser of this forum!
     I could go on and on and write pages about  Bob & Bobby but I'll just close by saying they are good people that will treat you right!!!!!
                                              Big John

Mojo

Greg:

I was thankful Bob took my advice. He had planned on getting back onto the net but I kinda got on his back to help prod him along.

In my former life I did business and marketing consulting. I concentrated on International market penetration, as well as a concentration in automotive, motorsports and the energy sector. I had a 20 year stint in Motorsports and worked with Fortune 500 companies on branding campaigns with drivers and teams. I worked with Earnhardt Sr., Mark Martin, Ricky Rudd, Kenny Schrader, Bill Elliot, Yates, Roush, Childress and Hendricks. Mainly the branding campaigns I worked on were Valvoline, Tide, GM Goodwrench, AC Delco and a host of other products.

As a consultant I used to conduct focus group panels as well as demographic studies. I did sales and load forecasting in energy and a host of other duties. I also reviewed marketing campaigns and helped companies position their products while also doing product launches.

It was a fun career and one I loved. I worked with companies all over the world and got to travel a bit and see the different regions and cultures. A stroke in 1999 destroyed a lot of my cognitive abilities and I was then diagnosed with Leukemia. I retired right in my prime at the age of 42. I miss the hell out of it to be honest as I loved working with people and products as well as the general public.

I do freebie work now and then for people, mainly looking over their websites and giving them advice on changes, colors, font usage as well as structure. I have helped quite a few on here behind the scenes. I did go back and author a marketing and PR manual for race teams a couple years ago. It is about all I do anymore in marketing. I still get called annually to do radio shows as a guest and still get newspapers chasing me for articles. It has been a fun career and one I am grateful for.

The Tampa Tribune did an article on me in 2008. Here is the article. These people seem to track me down wherever I am and want interviews. I try like hell to hide but it never works, they find me. :)

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2008/feb/16/nascar-memories-are-not-taken-granted/

Chris

Allan

Chris

You are one influential dude
It is sad that your career had to end the way it did however every cloud has a silver lining
You may never have got involved in this industry and met all the wonderful folk on this forum  ;D ;D
Or on the flip side we may never have had the pleasure of your company  :-*

Just one disturbing statement in that article
It said you lived with your wife for 6 months a year in Houston I think it was so the question begs
What do you do with this poor Aussie girl for the rest of the year??  :o

Allan

Mojo

June 24, 2011, 03:53:03 am #5 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:16:10 am by Mojo
I could never get rid of the Sheila for 6 months at a time. :)

We were living in Florida part time and then going back home to our other house in Bristol, TN. We bought a home in Florida and will be selling the house in TN next year.

I was damn bitter at having to give up my career but I am over it. God has a plan for all of us and that was his for me I guess so there is no sense in crying about it. I just get with the program now and grab as much out of life as possible. I had an amazing time while I was still working and am grateful for the experiences.

Upholstering work was a blessing for me. I needed something to do to occupy my time ( and my mind ) and I love it. Sitting down at my machine and sewing is so relaxing and enjoyable for me and your right it brought me o this forum where I have made some good friends. This place is loaded with awesome people and I enjoy everyone on here.

If I can ever be of help to anyone here in regards to their business, web site, marketing or whatever, let me know. I have helped a few people behind the scenes and it is my way to give back to all of you who have provided me with so much help and support.

Chris

Mojo

Thank you for the kind gesture Needles. The day may come when I maybe banging on your door as well as Allan's and Scotty's. :) I would love to see Perth and Victoria and would enjoy getting back to Brissy.

My wife's family still lives in Oz and we typically stay at her Mum's place which is on Lake Macquarrie at Bonnels Bay. Actually there is talk about heading over for a month next June for our nieces wedding. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the kind words and offer.

Chris