Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 09:21:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Roofing repairs !

Started by Grebo, June 16, 2011, 08:07:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Would you believe this.
Brand new Bimini from beneteau, arrived without the Bimini windows cut out  ???
Help full  :-X neighbour offers to sort it out for them.

New window me thinks.

Suzi

Mike8560

I count make it out perfect looks lime a can as flap
inside zips open to look out the window.  Looks lime the bonehead cut the tiop canvas  somehow

DBR1957

Obvious what happened here. They cut for zipper separation after everything was
sewn together and pushed the scissor point through the inside and outside
layers.

I've had customers ask for this sunroof feature before and try to convince them not
to do it. The sun will burn up the vinyl in short order and if it doesn't leak initially
it sure will when you have to replace it. Additionally, changes in temperature will
make the top distort and look terrible. It's already drooping from the weight.

Grebo

June 16, 2011, 08:52:50 am #3 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:54:37 am by Grebo
Yes Mike, put a knife straight through the whole lot.  :-X

Can't believe the plonker cut almost halfway round before releasing something was wrong.  :o

It's a current fad here for the windows, I hate them.
With the UV levels here it's only clear for a few months, ok maybe a year.
They never get cleaned on the outside as you can't reach them, god forbid some one actually putting a bimini down when sailing.

I never sail with one up, I have a hat.  ;D

Suzi

Mike8560

What I have done is cover the  window on the outside so it dosent burn install grometts on the 4 corners and through them  a line is used to open and close the
cover the cover also covers the grometts a
Arrell lock is used to hold it open or closed.
Having the cover inside isn't going to last for the vinyl.

Eric

Mike can't understand what you're describing. Could you post a picture please.
Thanks
Eric

Grebo

Get what you mean Mike, but a picture would be cool.  :-*

Suzi

Peppy

Ooooooops! A bit like the customer we got this year who tried to stop his fraying zipper with a lighter and caught his boat top on fire. Sorry sir, but we can't fix stupid.

A few years ago we made a window in a bimini that had a cover but the guy left it uncovered. He came up on the weekend to find his new cockpit cushions with a big burn on one. Angry (blaming us) he reveresed the cushions. The next day he found the same burns on the reveresed cushions. Took him about 3 bottles of wine to deduce the cause. A little water sat on the uncovered window and acted like a magnifying glass and fried the vinyl. Couldn't have done it if you tried.   
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

Sorry I've got no pic    Bht picture s 12"x12" square window
with 4 gromett in the canvas one at each corner
now make a canvas flap oversize 16"x16" sew. T
2 one side then have  a cord through 2 grometts running front to back and attached to the front corners of the flap the cord as they are pulled open and close the flap a barrell lock o. The cord will hold ir open or closed