Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:57:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Expanding business

Started by kodydog, June 11, 2011, 06:32:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Any one out there live near St Augustine, Fl. I'm seriously thinking about buying a house there to pick up more work and sell furniture.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

St. Augustine is one of my favorite areas in Florida. We are heading there in a couple weeks to spend sometime at an RV resort on the ocean and get some much needed R & R. It is my last trip for a while before I start another run of Chemo.

St. Auggie would be a good place to anchor an upholstery business. You have that area to draw from as well as the large metro area of Jacksonville. The beach areas below St. Auggie are not to be overlooked either ( Ormond, Beverley Beach, Flagler Beach, Daytona Beach, etc. ).

I have never liked the Gulf side, especially north of Tampa and would have loved to locate around Cocoa Beach or Melbourne. But the wifes job takes precedent so we ended up here.

I suggest you take a weekend and spend it at St. Auggie. They have a gorgeous State park for camping if you wanted to take your camper.

Chris

SHHR

I just got back from a hunting trip in Deer Park and we spent some days in Melbourne. I would think business would be good in that area. Some of us guys went to a shopping area to come home bearing gifts to our wives for the week in the woods we all had ;D ,and I saw a lot of antique shops with lots of furniture in them. Also the harbors on the inter-coastal were full of boats as well. I'm like Chris and like the east coast better as well, having said that my wife is from Tampa and that's where we usually stay. We'll be back down around Christmas to visit her brothers in Brooksville and St. Pete. I always look around the coastal areas dreaming of being there and opening a shop, but I'm to stubborn to leave S. Indiana.
Kyle

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on June 11, 2011, 07:56:35 am
I have never liked the Gulf side, especially north of Tampa

We used to love going to Destin. But it's so touristy now. One high-rise right after another. You can't even see the water, unless you rent a condo.
And is it me, or is the seafood in those places just lousy?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike8560

June 11, 2011, 06:46:40 pm #4 Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:50:53 pm by Mike8560
The thing with the gulf side is north of tampe you don't have any  barrier islands and protected intercoastal waters.   Aside from the weather sw Fl the best part is seen from the water here a totaly differnt world on the waters
shhr  next time your in st Pete check out woodys  it's a waterfront  resteraunt right inside blind pass. Down a little backroad
http://www.woodyswaterfront.com/

kodydog

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 11, 2011, 06:46:40 pm
next time your in st Pete check out woodys  it's a waterfront  resteraunt right inside blind pass. Down a little backroad http://www.woodyswaterfront.com/

Just google mapped it. Boy does that bring back memories. St Pete Beach is my old stomping grounds when I was growing up. Can't recall ever hanging out at Woodies but right around the corner where the Sloppy Pelican is now, there used to be an open air bar called the Oyster Shucker. Many dates with my wife there. Used to go four wheeling on the sand dunes on that spit of land across Blind Pass, where all those condos are now.

I suggest you take a weekend and spend it at St. Auggie. They have a gorgeous State park for camping if you wanted to take your camper.

Chris

We have camped at that SP several times. It's one of the best. We've got our eye on a little 2 bed 1 bath in St Augustine South. Just 7 min. from the beach and about the same to the historic district. The banks are tight with there money but I think we can work something out. This is a great time to buy real estate and I think this will be an outstanding opportunity. Can't wait to get back to the coast.

Mike8560

Good luck on the place Kody.  Your right on the right time to buy.
I moved here to Florida 7 years ago and wasnt able to afford a canal home   
Now I was able to sell my  drylot home and  get a  canal lot  I did it with no money out of pocket.
That was a real nervous time I closed my sale one
day and close on the new place the next.   
I had a nice check in my pocket for one day

kodydog

St. Augustine is one of my favorite areas in Florida. We are heading there in a couple weeks to spend sometime at an RV resort on the ocean and get some much needed R & R. It is my last trip for a while before I start another run of Chemo.

Chris

Have a good time in St. Augustine Mojo and good luck with the Chemo. Is this something you have to do every year.

Mojo

Kyle:

If I find out you were in Brooksville and didn't call me to meet up for lunch I am going to be PO'ed............lol. I live in Bristol, right next to the Suncoast Parkway. Call and maybe we can arrange lunch and I will grab Paul
( Minuph ) and bring him along as well. I would really enjoy meeting you. I owe you lunch anyways as some of your posts have helped me out tremendously. :)

Kody:

I do chemo every year. My remissions used to last for several months but now they are only lasting a few weeks so that means longer runs on chemo. :( But I must say that I really do not mind as it keeps me alive and kicking. :) It makes me sick and it is hell to go through but it could be much worse.

Good luck with the purchase.

Chris

SHHR

Quote from: Mojo on June 12, 2011, 09:27:57 am
Kyle:

If I find out you were in Brooksville and didn't call me to meet up for lunch I am going to be PO'ed............lol. I live in Bristol, right next to the Suncoast Parkway. Call and maybe we can arrange lunch and I will grab Paul
( Minuph ) and bring him along as well. I would really enjoy meeting you. I owe you lunch anyways as some of your posts have helped me out tremendously. :)

Chris

Sorry I haven't responded before now, I just got back from a weeks vacation with my family then to get home and find my old beagle really sick, so was at the vet this morning unfortunately having to have her put down.
Anyway we should be down that way around Christmas time. As time gets closer I'll get in touch to try and work out something.
Kyle

Mojo

Look forward to it Kyle. :)

Chris